"You're not stupid, I'm sorry I just...you're my friend, Jamie. I need you to be okay." Joe apologized quietly, Jamie exhaling and glancing down at the ground with her eyes. "What do you need to feel better? I'll find Eugene or Peggy...I'll switch foxholes with them...." He offered and Jamie shook her head, cutting him off.

"We tell Eugene and Peggy...they tell Winters. That's the last thing I need." Jamie interrupted, Joe's shoulders slouching.

"Then what do you want to do?" He replied, Jamie sighed and shrugged.

"I don't know."

However, Joe decided if Jamie couldn't figure out what she wanted to do, he'd at least try to help her in some way. "Okay, for starters then...you need some sleep and...when you want to talk about it again, talk to me," Joe stated, Jamie turning to him and Joe looked at her and promised. "I won't tell Peggy or Eugene unless you want me to. Alright?" He looked down at her and Jamie slowly nodded, glancing at him.

"Okay." She agreed.

"I got watch, get some sleep. I'm right here if anything happens. I'll let you know if something does." Joe assures her softly, putting a comforting arm around her shoulder and Jamie leaned into him, resting her head on his shoulder.

"Joe..." Jamie suddenly said and Joe looked down at her.

"Yeah?"

"Thank you, liebling." Jamie tells him and he gives her a small smile at her 'thank you' and uses the nickname she deemed for him.

"Anytime, just ask, schatzi." Joe squeezed her arm and Jamie smiled at the nickname. She closed her eyes and shuffled slightly to get as comfortable as possible in the dirt foxhole while Joe held her close. Joe frowned when moments later he heard a small cry, he looked down at Jamie, not wanting to disturb her. He'd figure out what's going on first. He slowly and quietly removed his arm from around her shoulder before going off in the direction of the cry. However, Jamie didn't feel like she even got fifteen minutes of sleep when she heard the shouts.

"Medic! Medic!" She heard the voice of Talbert shout out, her eyes shot open and the woman quickly scrambled to her feet before climbing out her foxhole. She made it where she heard the call and her eyes widened at the sight of Joe leaning over a wounded Talbert and a shocked and fearful Smith standing over to the side with his bayonet in his hands.

"What the fuck happened?" Jamie exclaimed, jumping down into the foxhole with wide eyes of worry, just as Eugene had made it to them.

"I don't know I just heard a cry and I found Smith stabbing Tab, I don't know fucking why." He gestured to the wounded man, Jamie nudging Joe away and putting pressure on the wound.

"Multiple stab wounds," Eugene muttered to Jamie when they assessed the man's wounds. "How'd it happen?" He asked them both, though his question was mainly directed at Smith.

"Yeah, good question." Jamie uttered to herself.

"I-I was sleeping and Tab came to tell me to wake up." Smith started to explain, stuttering as he spoke to them. Jamie could see the man was making himself more upset as he went on, the woman exchanging a look with Joe who was still nearby. "I-I didn't know it was him, honest! He was wearing a Kraut-" He cut himself off and Jamie looked down at the german poncho Tab wore, pulling it off her friend and tossing it away.

"Fucking idiot. We warned him and he didn't listen." Jamie cursed angrily. Goddammit, why didn't he ever listen to her or Peggy? Eugene and Jamie quickly got to work treating Talbert while Joe was by their side and panicking Smith behind them.

"You should've stayed back and let Doc handle this," Joe whispered to her while she worked.

"It's Tab, he's my friend, they're all my friends just like you. If they're hurt, it trumps sleep." Jamie merely replied which made Joe pause and he quietly nodded. He wouldn't argue with that. "Thanks for waking me up when you thought somethin' was wrong, liebling." She sighed, giving Joe a look while she and Eugene finished up.