Moving Away

Summary: Gabriel told Adrien that they're going to move to China, not because of his business, but because he realizes that Lila was a bad influence on his son and his intern.

~~~~~

Adrien was playing piano alone while Plagg was in the cabinet eating his camembert. Adrien was being sad for a while until Nathalie entered the room.

Nathalie: Adrien, your father needs your presence in the dining room. It's important.

Adrien: I'll be there, Nathalie.

Nathalie left the room with her eyebrows knitted from bad news leaving Adrien confused.

~~~~~

A minute later, Adrien came out of his room and walks into the dining room. When he enters the room, he was surprised to see Marinette and her parents there. Marinette had an icepack on her cheek with bruises and cuts on her body in which Adrien went shocked in horror.

Gabriel: Adrien, you're here. I, your friend Marinette and her parents wanted to discuss something important.

Adrien nodded and sat next to Marinette.

Adrien: Is there a problem, Father?

Gabriel: Yes. It has come to my attention that the girl you are modeled with starting to mess with your close friends.

Adrien: Lila?

Gabriel nodded.

Gabriel: Your bodyguard found out that Lila was threatening your friend Marinette here, then he informed her parents about it.

Adrien's eyes widened.

Gabriel: Also, Marinette has something to show you.

Marinette pulled out her phone and played the recording. It was from the day Lila came back from her "trip" to Achu on Heroes Day. Adrien was shocked when he heard it, then he went angry and red.

Gabriel: I understand that Lila was a bad influence on you two, but son, violence is not the answer.

Adrien calms down and nods at him in understanding.

Adrien: So, what are you suggesting? Making us homeschooled?

Gabriel: No, Adrien. I'm suggesting the other way, and by that, you and her will now on speak Mandarin.

Marinette and Adrien went eye side.

Adrien: So, you are saying that we...

Marinette: Moving away?

The dining room went silent for a moment until Marinette's parents spoke.

Sabine: I'm afraid we have to.

Marinette and Adrien start to worry, Gabriel nodded at Nathalie and handed them a silver attache case.

Gabriel: This is for me to owe you an apology for my mistake.

Marinette and Adrien went confused but replied with a nod.