Chapter 31

"You've got to be kidding me," Xander said as he shook his head, a small smile on his face

"You've got to be kidding me," Xander said as he shook his head, a small smile on his face. "That's just water?"

"And a sleeping pill to make it sound more convincing. The rogue should start feeling drowsy by now. I told him that is a symptom."

The Alpha had a huge smile on his face when he came to talk to Maddy. "The rogue has agreed to talk. Where have you been hiding this whole time? You are amazing at this."

Maddy practically glowed with happiness as she and the others walked over to where the rogue was being kept.

"You should stop smiling that widely," Xander whispered to Maddy. "We get it. You got praised by my dad. It's just getting awkward now."

"I am not smiling because your dad praised me. I am smiling because the rogue has agreed to give us information."

"Uh-huh," Xander said in a tone that screamed that he didn't believe her a bit. "Sure, teacher's pet."

When the rogue saw them approaching him, he stuck his right hand out. "The antidote first," he demanded.

Leia went took the syringe which was already filled with the 'antidote' which was nothing but water. After injecting him, Leia leaned down and with a steel like voice said, "I might have given the antidote but I can always re-inject you with the first liquid. Just keep that in mind."

"I am not a fool. I know when I have lost a battle."

The Alpha started asking the questions.

"Who is the boss?"

"Don't know his name."

"Have you met him?"

The rogue nodded and everyone leaned forward with interest. Finally, an actual lead!

"Can you describe him?" Maddy asked.

"He had black hair," the rogue answered helpfully.

Everyone stared at him expectantly. About half the population of the world had black hair. The information wasn't exactly helpful. It could be literally everyone and anyone.

"I don't know," the rogue said. "I know he has black hair. That's it."

Everyone pitched in, asking the rogue about different appearance related questions about the boss like if he had any tattoos but the rogue knew nothing. He had caught a glimpse of the boss from a distance about a year ago and couldn't recall anything distinct about him.

"This is clearly no working," Maddy huffed as she leaned back and thought about what to do next.

They didn't know anything about the boss except the fact that he had black hair and was probably from Mexico, if Maddy's theory was correct. That still left an extremely large list of suspects. They weren't any closer to flushing the boss out.

"You could ask him the questions that you prepared for the Beta," Xander whispered to Maddy, bringing her out of her thoughts.

That was a good idea. Maddy wracked her brain, trying to recall the questions that the Beta had been unable to answer.

"What is your boss' motive? Why is he doing this?"

"Because of you," the rogue said as he glared at Justin. The rogue had been shooting daggers at the Alpha but Maddy had assumed it was because he was Justin's captor.

Justin seemed as taken aback as the rest of the people present. "Me? What did I do?"

"All you Alphas. You are disgusting," the rogue spat out.

This new piece of information changed everything. Was there some personal motive behind the attacks and not some power-hungry motive as everyone had expected? Perhaps the Alphas had wronged the boss somehow? If that was the case, why was the boss stubbornly trying to capture Maddy? Maddy wasn't an Alpha. Hell, she wasn't even a proper werewolf!

Jeremy must have had the same question for he asked, "If it's the Alphas your boss is against, why are you targeting the human girl?"

The rogue hadn't recognized that Maddy was the human girl who the boss wanted to capture. He knew Maddy as the werewolf who could no longer shift.

The rogue shrugged. "I don't know. Boss just wanted to capture her."

"What do you have against Alphas?" Xander asked.

The rogue laughed. "Me? Oh, I have a plenty of reasons to hate you. All of you. You all are selfish assholes. You could share your resources with us but, no, you chose to be jerks and let us starve."

"You could be part of a pack but, no, you chose to become a rogue and go mad," Justin snapped back.

The rogue snorted. "Is that what they told you? Do I look mad to you?"

Everyone nodded.

The rogue literally rolled his eyes. Looked like his anger against the Alphas had overcome his fear of the human turning liquid. "Do you think a mad person would be able to successfully kidnap the daughter of an Alpha? Do you think a mad person would be able to successfully kidnap the matefinder? Do you think a mad person would be able to successfully infiltrate your pack headquarters?"

"So, you are telling me that rogues aren't in fact, mad?" Alexa asked to which the rogue answered with a nod and smug smile.

There was a silence for a minute as everyone reeled with the new information. It seemed obvious when the rogue put it that way. A mad or delusional person would definitely not be able to pull of such a trick. It also explained why Maddy wasn't mad. She was technically a werewolf but she had spent sixteen years of her life without a pack. She felt perfectly fine which at first confused Maddy. She just assumed it was because of her human side, but apparently, that was not the reason. Maddy had made so many different assumptions and the rogue was proving them all wrong. 

A/N: Plot twist!! What do you think of this new information?