There's just so much going on, a fifteen year old girl like her can only keep up . . .

On her next turn however, she finds herself almost bulldozing Camila's beautifully chiseled face. Her gorgeous chocolate eyes boring into hers were concerned.

"H-how . . . How'd you do that?" She stammers, looking everywhere but the girl, "Y-you were behind me, now you're . . . You're here, right here facing me,"

The girl shrugs, "Magic,"

"Only the headmistress can apparate within Hogwarts, how did you—"

"Wait, the headmistress can apparate within the school? How?! Besides, I didn't say I apparated . . ."

"She just can but you didn't hear that from me, okay? But really, how'd you get here in front of me when you were just there several feet behind me, like precisely half a second ago?"

"I told you, its magic. I'll teach you one day but first . . . Are you okay?"

Lauren looks down at her feet, aware that her eyes will betray her, "Y-yeah, I'm fine. I'm good,"

"Are you sure? You look kind of, I don't know, sad. Maybe we can go to the lake or library, or someplace more quiet to relax a little bit. I can get you some mango cupcakes or something if you want . . ."

Lauren tilts her head. She smiles fondly as the Slytherin girl slightly shifts her weight nervously.

"She doesn't wanna hang out with you anymore, Cable Cord!" Erica Sinclair pipes in with her annoying nasally faux French accent. She bumps Camila in the shoulder as she passes by, her posse snickering and doing the same.

Lauren saw Camila look down, frowning. She turns away and starts to leave.

As much as the Ravenclaw wants to be alone right now, she couldn't bear it in her heart to have Camila believe those words. In the days following the tragic events in Sanctum Cove, Lauren was sort of in denial that she has lost her mother. That she's been uprooted from everything else that she knows of. So suddenly and without warning. She may seem like she's adjusting just fine, but everything felt absolutely out of sorts and she's still in the process of coping.

She hasn't really mourned properly because in her mind and in her heart, her mother Clara Morgado still lives. It's almost delusional.

But in truth, the brilliant magizoologist is now an ash in the wind. As lifeless as a speck of dust.

Today was just a particularly hard day for some reason. Lauren misses her mom terribly and there's nothing she can do about it. The gravity of the truth dawns on her and it hurts. So much that she just wanted to be left alone for a little while.

But seeing Camila, being taunted like that, whatever pain of loss takes a step back in her mind. More than dealing with her own pain, she doesn't want the girl thinking the worst of her when in fact she just wanted to sulk on her own.

"Camz—"

"It's alright, I get it . . ."

"No you don't,"

She catches up to Camila. She sighs as she stands in the girl's way, searching those beautiful brown eyes.

"You don't get how much I want some of that mango cupcakes," she grins cheekily.

The Slytherin girl looks up at her. Stares at her eyes. She can't tell what exactly it is, but looking at Camila's eyes somehow makes her feel lighter. She's not sure why or what it is precisely about the girl that just simply makes her feel good. What she is certain at the moment though is that she can't let Camila think she doesn't want to hang out with her anymore. When simply, among other things happening in her life, the girl is the only one that somehow feels right.