SIX

* * *

For decades, the house of Slytherin has dominated Hogwarts quidditch. Gryffindors has always been a close second and Hufflepuffs were just glad they didn't scrape bottom.

That bottom ranking belongs to the Ravenclaws.

In fact, for many years, so many that nobody bothered to count anymore, good old Rowena's house never won a single match, like ever. They may excel academically, but in sports they just don't.

But this year, they are all in for one big victory.

See, Lucy Vives was one consistent seeker. Be it the try outs, practice games or official matches, the girl makes it a point to show her excellent skill in quidditch.

In every match since last year, against any of the other houses, Vives always catches the golden snitch. In every match she played, she always wins. She has become this new undisputed best seeker in any quidditch league since Victor Krum himself. She's incredibly agile, incredibly fast, with impeccable hand-eye coordination.

That's saying something because it has been a long, long ass time since Victor Krum. And the Potter and Weasley family's best years in Hogwarts, ever since their time about more than a hundred years ago, the Slytherins gradually took back the throne as kings and queens of Hogwarts quidditch as well as the house cups.

And this year, Lucy is out to prove that she can continue Slytherin's winning streak. That she is the best they all have ever seen, incomparable to anyone who came before her.

Until, of course, Lauren Morgado comes in . . .

Suddenly, all of the Slytherin house had someone to look out for as an overall challenge. And it only took one Ravenclaw to make the entire green team feel so threatened.

Watching from the sidelines, away from the bleachers, Camila can see through her binoculars that for the first time ever, miss higher-than-thou Vives is struggling. She was trying so damn hard to keep up with Lauren Morgado in chasing the golden snitch.

Guess, whatever scheme she had at the picnic didn't work out afterall . . .

The shiny little ball is already within inches of the Ravenclaw's grasp, while the Slytherin was only two feet away, speeding right behind her.

Even though she never liked Lucy, or the other students for that matter, Camila had always rooted for her house. She took pride in all of their triumphs and strived harder whenever the other houses get a little too close to their house points. But this time around, she finds herself quietly cheering on for Lauren.

Only Lauren.

The rest of the other Ravenclaws can suck ass . . .

The Ravenclaws on the bleachers were going nuts already. Even if they were behind sixty points against Camila's house, literally zero to sixty, they were going crazy at how agile and fast the new girl is on her broomstick. Much more agile and faster than Slytherin's best, aka Lucia Vives.

It was inevitable.

Riotous, ear-splitting shouts of joy broke the very second Lauren closes her hand on the golden snitch. Lucy made a quick attempt to snatch it from the girl but failed, something she wasn't very keen on. While the rest of Slytherin team were quietly seething in contempt, already plotting their next move on how to decimate the house of blue and everybody else who stands in their way towards victory, the Ravenclaws are happily celebrating.

And they have every right to.

For the first time in many decades, the house of Ravenclaw have finally won one quidditch match. They were all now chanting Lauren's name, the other Ravenclaw players gathering around her. And despite feeling a tiny bit peeved because her house lost the game, Camila was smiling at the joyful celebration. She was smiling because Lauren looked so unapologetically happy, waving the golden snitch from the ground for everyone to see.