All We Can Do is Keep Breathing

Start from the beginning

I picked my head up and saw him standing about 30 meters away. I stifled the urge to run to him. The smile however, couldn't be contained. We hung up and mutually closed the gap between us. We stood there for a minute just grinning like idiots before I grabbed him and hugged him. "What are you doing here?" I asked when he pushed me away in typical Iwa fashion.

"Are you really asking me that? I told your mom that I'd come get you so she wouldn't have to worry about you getting a cab in the snow." He was trying so hard not to smile, but I could see the corners of his mouth turning up as he spoke. He grabbed the handle of my second suitcase, brushing my hand as he went. I gave him a little sideways glance and saw him purposely not looking at me, but his cheeks were turning a light shade of pink. "Iwa-chan..." I said quietly, earning a punch in the side from him.

We got in his car and as we pulled out, he reached over and grabbed my hand, intertwining his fingers with mine. I looked over at him, but he just smiled as he drove. I pulled his hand up to my lips and kissed his fingers. "I missed you." I said softly. "I missed you too," he replied, "my Tooru." He suddenly pulled off the street and threw the car in park. Before I could even say anything, he was leaning over, kissing me. The way this man has my heart...

I gently grabbed the back of his head, pulling him harder against my mouth. I missed these lips. We drew it out as long as we could before pulling away. He rested his forehead against mine and I closed my eyes, just so happy to be near him again. He sat back down in his seat, taking hold of my hand again. "Let's go see your mom first. She really misses you you know." He said as he pulled back out into traffic.

As soon as we pulled up in front of the gate, I saw my nephew running towards the car. I opened the door just in time to catch him as he flung himself at me. "OJI!!" he yelled as I lifted him up. "Taka! You've gotten so big!" I said smiling. "I'm gonna be as big as you and Oji Iwa soon!!" he yelled. I couldn't help but laugh. He reminded me of how I used to say I was going to be bigger than Iwa one day when we were his age. Now I actually was bigger than him.

Iwa grabbed my bags as I carried Takeru back inside. He was happily babbling about this new action figure he got that moved just like a real Gundam. As we stepped in, he jumped down to run off and I waited for Iwa. He stepped inside and I crowded up against him, making like I was grabbing my bags from him. His eyes went wide as he furiously looked towards the family room. I winked at him as I took the bags from him. I love when his cheeks get pink like that.

I kicked off my shoes and stepped up just in time for my mom to come out and greet me. I'd missed her more than I realized. "Hajime, thank you for picking him up. Is it really cold out? Your cheeks are red! You don't have a fever, do you?" she asked in true mom style. He just smiled as she felt his forehead. "No, Oba-san, it was just windy waiting for him. I'm fine." He replied. "Then come in and get warm!" she said, smiling that big smile of hers at him.

She squeezed my shoulder before heading back into the kitchen, leaving Iwa and I alone again. I tried to hold back the laughter, but when I looked at him, I lost it. That pouty face and glare he was giving me were the icing on the cake. He smacked me in the back of the head. "Shut up Shittykawa." He whispered. "What happened to Sexy-kawa?" I whispered back, earned an even harder glare from him as he stepped into the hallway. I had to take a moment to compose myself before I followed.

Mom had fixed my favorite curry for dinner, and as we sat around eating and talking, it felt like everything was back to how it should be again. After we helped clear and clean the dishes, we grabbed my bags and took them up to my room. I purposely let him go first, closing the door behind us. He put my bag down and turned around just in time to have me tackle him onto my bed, crashing against his mouth as well, stopping any thoughts of protest dead in their tracks. He tried to push me away, but he never stopped kissing me as he did.