Chapter 34

Amara

"Can y'all please not kill each other while on this drop?" I said, groaning at the two bickering back and forth over the phone.

"The bag is literally right fucking here, yo ass don't look for shit!" Khalisè said as I heard shuffling in the background.

"Khalisè, if you hit me with that bag again, I will literally knock yo ass out this car. If yo ass didn't move it, I would've known where it was!"

I ended the call, shaking my head. Those fools were not gonna listen to me.

"Wassup Damien?" I said, picking him up. "I'm ya favorite right? Tell everybody I'm ya favorite."

"Amara's my favorite." He said, rubbing his eyes.

"Yessir, that's right. Here." I said, giving him 20 dollars that he gladly took.

I walked to the door after someone knocked on it.

"Hey Nia." I put Damien down to give Nia a hug.

"Hey girl. Hey Damien." She said, giving him a high five before he ran off to go to his room.

I closed the door, making sure to lock it before I turned around. I stopped moving when I seen Nia just staring at me with her arms crossed.

"Um, you okay?" I asked as she just stared at me.

"Nope cause I'm mad at you."

"Becauseee?" I said, moving my hands around so she can spit it out.

"When were you gonna tell me that you-"

I covered her mouth, shaking my head as I seen Jermaine turn the corner, rubbing his eyes.

"Tell her what?" Jermaine said, yawning.

I shrugged before shaking my head. "Nothing."

I grabbed Nia's hand, pulling her with me, leaving Jermaine standing there, confused.

I closed my door, turning to Nia.

"Before you say anything, I didn't know anybody actually knew until King said it." I said, sitting on my bed.

"I should've known too, hell." Nia sat beside me. "You're usually mean as hell. Now you're all emotional and shit."

"Emotional? Bitch please." I said, laying back on my bed.

"Girl bye, you are." She said, waving me off. "So what you gonna do?"

"Nothing." I said, giving her a duhh look. "You acting like I won a million dollars."

"I'm just saying." She said, shrugging. "It's gotta be something special because your mean ass don't like nobody and I mean nobody." I scoffed, throwing my middle finger at her.

"You about to be added to that list of people if you don't shut up." I said, pushing her off the bed as she laughed.

"Ight bet. Imma just tell Jermaine." I sat up as she started walking to the door.

"Nia. Nia!" I got up, chasing her out the room as she laughed.
~
Malik

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I kept my hand on the steering wheel, ignoring her question.

"Bro, shut the fuck up talking to me."

"Hell nah cause you just lost us a whole deal, you fucking dickhead." Khalisè said, sitting back in her seat.

"If you would've just let me do what I had to do, everything would've went smoothly." I said, paying attention to the road.

"I didn't even do shit! You putting the blame on me when you're the one who started arguing with those folks. All I did was pull you out of the room." She said, throwing her hands up.