Chapter 44

Amara

"Getcha tails up, we going to church." I banged the pots in the kitchen, knowing that Malik and Jermaine would hear me.

"Come on, get up!" I yelled, already dressed. I told everyone else that we all would be going to church and sent them the address.

Malik stormed in the kitchen, snatching the pot out of my hand, throwing it on the floor. My mouth dropped as the handle broke off of it.

"Nigga, you gone have to replace that!"

"Amara, I know we gotta go to church!" Malik said, throwing his hands in the air. "Stop banging them pots before I break ya fucking arm."

"Ha, ain't gonna do shit." I rolled my eyes, putting my hand in his face before walking to Jermaine's room.

He opened the door, staring at me blankly. "What Amara?" Damien stood beside him, yawning.

"Church. Get ready." I said, walking away from the door.

I sat in the living room as I waited on them to get ready. A text message came to my phone.

F.O.E🗣🔥 (family over everything)

Vinchi😴: Bruhh why the fuck Nia in here, banging pots and shit?

:ahh, my good sis getting the job done👌🏾

King🍃: ya "good sis" almost got her neck snapped.

Best🤍🤞🏾: wasn't gone do shit

Malik🦍💕: man, Amara did that dumbass shit too, almost threw that damn pot at her face.

:ain't you suppose to be getting ready?

Kiara🤧🧡: should I leave out now or wait?

Khalisè🥰💛: I'm already at the church, just waiting in my car

:yeah, leave out now and we gonna be on the way soon

"Stop texting the damn groupchat!" Jermaine yelled from his bathroom. "I'm tryna listen to my music and this motherfucker won't stop ringing!"

"Fuck off!" I yelled back, sighing as I waited on them to finish.
~
"A good day to praise the Lord." I said, stepping out of the car in front of the church.

"Yessir." Malik said, nodding his head as he closed his suit coat.

"Nigga, why is your collar all the way up?" I turned around to see Khalisè walking over.

"You can't say nigga on church ground. Plus, I'm tryna cover up my neck tattoo." Malik responded, pulling his collar up more.

I scoffed, shaking my head at this idiot. Khalisè walked over, fixing his collar.

"What can they say about a tattoo, Malik?" She said, straight facing him.

"Nah, cause my nephew really out hearing stepping." I said, high fiving Damien as he smiled.

"Duh. Of course my son clean up nice." Jermaine said, grabbing his hand as we walked up to everyone else.

"Bruh, stop moving!" "Just hold still, Nia, dang." I covered my mouth looking at Nia and King. King somehow got his hair caught in Nia's necklace.

"Either y'all both stand still or imma have to cut it out." King eyes widen as he raised his eyebrows at Vinchi.

"Nigga, I wish you would."

"You can't say nigga on church ground, King." She stale face him.

"It's not even a curse word."