Chapter 33

Amara

I stared at the two idiots in front of me, trying not to get mad at their asses.

"No, Amara, you might as well sign somebody else up to do the job." Malik said, shrugging.

"Everyone else is already booked up and you too are the only ones available tomorrow." I sighed, putting my hand over my mouth.

"For the record, you bitch ass nigga, I don't wanna work with you either." Khalisè said, sit back with her arm crossed.

"I will literally kill your ass, what don't you understand about that shit?" Malik said as his voice raised a little bit.

I sighed, covering my face with my hands.

"And I been told your ass to do that shit. What the fuck is stopping you, Malik? Do it!" She yelled, getting in his face.

I heard his gun cock back, making my head snap up.

"Hey, hey, hey! Chill out!" I said, standing up as the two glared at each other. "Malik, put the gun up."

"Yo ass is so fucking lucky, dawg." Malik mumbled as he put his gun on safety, putting it back up.

"Now y'all asses better listen to me and listen to me good." I said. I'm obviously tired of these two going back and forth but I can't say too much because I was the same way. "Y'all are gonna do the drop, and that's it. That's final, Ight?"

They stared at each other, not even paying attention to me.

"Ight?!"

"Yeah bruh." Malik smacked his teeth as Minnie nodded.

"Good." I said, grabbing my stuff. "I gotta be somewhere so lock up before you leave."
~
"Hey." I said, walking up to Nia at the park.

"Hey." She said back, looking across the street.

We haven't had time to talk with everything going on but we finally made time to talk about the situation from the other day.

"I'm sorry." We both said at the same time. We both chuckled before everything went back silent.

"I should've told you what was going on so you could be ready for it." I said, looking back at her.

"I should've at least tried to listen to you. After sitting down and thinking about everything you said, I know that you didn't mean any harm by it, even if I did end up in the hospital." She chuckled as I half smiled.

"So are we okay now?"

"Girl we been okay." She said, giving me a hug. "You my best friend for life, nothing can change that."

I let out a sigh on relief. "For life."

"But how you been? Are you okay?" I asked her as I pulled back from the hug.

"Yeah." She said, shrugging. "Honestly, I feel kind of relieved."

"Really?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Well yeah. My mom was never an actual mother to me. After she express how she felt about me, it was easy to take her out. I ain't had any regrets." She said, shrugging.

"As long as you happy, I'm happy." I said, grabbing her hand as we walked down the road a bit.

"How's Vinchi?" She said, making me tense up a bit.

"He's.. he's doing Ight, I guess." I said, nodding my head.

"Still hasn't woken up yet?" I shook my head, biting my lip, nervously.