"Go upstairs, kids, mummy and daddy need to talk."

I didn't take my eyes off of Richard as I spoke. I knew better than to turn my back to him.

"No, you three need to get your bags and go wait in the car, now!"

His voice was louder than before which made the kids started crying. Fear filled me, but so did anger. I didn't want him speaking to my children in that tone ever.

"Kailo, Liam and Liliane, listen to mummy. Take my phone and go watch videos until I call you down, okay?"

I wasn't sure if they were going to listen, and for a few seconds, I thought that they would not, but then Liliane took charge.

"Come on Kai, and Liam let's go do as mummy said."

She took my phone and led her brothers up the stairs, just as Richard moved forward to get to them. I stepped in front of him, blocking him from getting to them.

"Leave my kids alone, Richard!"

His eyes narrowed into a hard and cold glare as they landed on me. His jaw moved as he clenched his teeth and I prepare myself for the worst, and I didn't have to wait long for him to react.

"F**king bitch!"

He grabbed a handful of my hair and threw me against the wall. My shoulders took the brunt of it, connecting with the sharp edge. I didn't even have time to cry out as he grabbed me again and slammed me back into the wall again.

"You're coming with me whether you like it or not!"

I'd had enough. I wasn't going to let him control my life any longer. I had to fight, for myself as well as for my kids.

"F**k you Richard! I'm not going anywhere!"

I stumbled on my feet, trying to stand, but I didn't let that stop me. I was done letting him control my life. No more living in the fear he created.

"You don't own me, Richard! You don't f**king control my life! I'm not yours!"

My head hurt and I felt like I was about to throw up. The room started spinning and I tried my best to stay steady on my feet. I knew that I wouldn't win in a fight against him, but I wasn't willing to give up.

"Oh really?" He laughed, but there was no humour in his tone.

"Well, we'll see about that."

I tried to move out of his way as he grabbed me, but I wasn't quick enough. He grabbed my hair again, gaining another scream from me. Tilting my head back and forcing me to look up at him, he smirked, and he brought his free hand down, slapping me.

The force was so strong that I fell to the ground. I tried to get up, but I was too weak. He stood over me, smiling.

"You think you can be free of me? Well, think again, Peaches!"

Using what little strength I had left, I backed away from him. Trying to get to the coffee table where I kept my gun in the hidden compartment. I made it about halfway there before Richard grabbed my legs.

"I think I've been too patient with you. It's time I f**k some respect back into you."

"No!"

I screamed as he got between my legs. He grabbed my face and tried to kiss me, but I bit my lips together and pushed at his face. He grabbed my hands, pinning them above my head as I fought to be released.

"Don't worry, Peaches, I know you like it rough."

He laughed as he said it, and I spat at him, wiping the smug look off of his face. His lips curled into a snarl as his hand connected with my face. I tasted the metallic taste of my blood and instant pain shot to my brain. It was so excruciating that I thought I would die from it.