I love you

Cate's POV:

I drove to Sandy's house as fast as the car could carry me. I was so nervous, my head was spinning a hundred miles an hour, I felt like I was going to throw up. At the door I could see Sandy, wearing jeans and a white shirt.
"Are you feeling alright Cate?" she asked as she looked at my pale face.
"Yes, I just feel a little dizzy," I said as I held on to her arm for support.
We went inside, sat down on her living room couch as Sandy offered me a hot cup of tea.
"Are you feeling better?" she asked as she handed me a warm fuzzy blanket that was sitting on her white couch.
"Much better" I lied.
"So what did you want to tell me?" Sandy said as she held my sweaty palms.
"You also wanted to say something" I said, almost avoiding what I wanted to talk about. I didn't even know where to begin.
"No, Cate, talk to me." she said with a serious look on her face.
"Remember when we first started hanging out again, and you said you wanted to try things" I said looking away.
"Yes" she replied, holding my hand tighter. Almost trying to get me to look at her.
"Well, the truth is that I've never stopped loving you, Sandy. And I was terrified of saying something before, and ruining everything once again. And I was terrified of leaving Andrew, and risking it all without knowing how you really felt about me. But I can't keep going, not without you. Everytime i'm with you, I just want to hold you, be with you, call you mine." The words kept rolling off my tongue and I couldn't stop them. There was a second of silence, as Sandy stared into my eyes, and I into hers.
"First of all Cate, you never ruined anything. Second of all we are in this together. I love you, I always have. Last time I reacted the way I did because I was afraid, afraid of an unknown feeling. I was afraid because I knew that everything was going to change. But the thing is, I want it to."
"And how do I know you won't run away again?"
"Because now I know that I don't want to live without you, I can't. Now I am afraid of not having you by my side at all times."
I didn't know what to respond, I just reached out and held her hand. We were holding on to each other, no more words were being spoken, it was just the two of us, and our souls dancing in the silence. She touched my face, and held me closer to her. I knew I was safe. I placed my hand on her back, and held her closer to my body.
This is my perfect place, my happy place, my home.