Under The Moon

Cate's POV:

Right after dinner, I told Sandy not to drop me off at home. I didn't want the night to end, I wanted to be with her longer, to spend as much time as possible with her.
"Where do you want to go?" Sandy asked.
"I don't know, just drive," I said as I pointed forward. I opened the car window and could feel the wind blow right at my face, I had chills.
I could hear Dua Lipa playing softly in the background:

You want me, I want you, baby
My sugarboo, I'm levitating
The milky way, Im renagading

I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
I need you all night, come on, dance with me
Im levitating

The car suddenly came to a stop and right in front of me was the most amazing view I had ever seen. We were on top of a hill, we had driven for over 45 minutes and I hadn't even noticed.
"Where are we?" I was amazed.
"This is my favorite location in the city. I always come here, to think, whenever I need some time alone. It's my secret place." Sandy replied as she got out of the car.
"Ohh wow, Sandy has a secret place no one else knows about." I said while teasing her. "You should feel special, you are the only one I brought up here." she replied back.
"Ohhh thank you madame" I said as I took a small bow.
"I hate you" Sandy said as she rolled her eyes and laughed.
We opened the trunk, put down the seats, and sat down on the back of her car.
Slowly I could feel Sandy getting closer to me, our legs were touching. Her soft skin was placed on top of my hand. Suddenly, I felt a shot of emotions run through me, fireworks were exploding all around me. I quickly pulled my hand away. "We can't do this again Sandy."
"Cate..." Sandra said as she looked into my eyes.
"You know how things ended last time." I said.
"Last time was different." Sandy replied as she repositioned her body.
"How was it different?" I asked.
"I didn't know what I wanted. I was scared.""So was I. But I was willing to take a risk, you were worth the risk Sandy"
"I know," she replied as she looked down, almost ashamed.
"Then you exploded and decided to blame it on me and turned Sarah against me."
"Cate, I made a mistake. I was afraid, I didn't know how to handle it. So instead I blamed you for my fears, for my insecurities, for my shame."
I just looked at her, no words formed in my mouth. "But now, I am not afraid anymore. I now know what I want."
"And what is it you want?" I asked.
"You" she said as she gently held my hand. "I want all of you Cate. The good, the bad, the pretty and the ugly."
I wanted to hold her, kiss her, tell her I want all of that too. I wanted to tell her we can run away and never look back. But I couldn't, I wouldn't let everything fall down and break again.
"Sandra, I don't know," I said without moving my hand. My body was not prepared to not feel her touch again.
"Give me a chance Cate. Please, I know we can make it work. I can see it in your eyes, you want it to""What about Andrew?" I asked.
"I don't know Cate, but we can both figure this out."
"Not a day has passed by that I didn't think about you Sandy. About your touch, your skin on top of mine, your warm breath kissing my neck. But I promised myself to walk away from that, hide that part of me. It scares me that I will lose you again."
"You won't lose me again Cate, I will never leave you.""How do I know that you won't run away again this time?"
"Because I am sure of my feelings, my feelings for you. I realized I can't live without you."
"Sandra I-"
"Cate, I know you are scared. Let me show you that you can trust me. Let me prove to you that you are the only one I want, and I will fight for that. I will fight for us."
Her hand found its way to my neck, her fingers caressing the side of my face.
"Can we just take things slow, please" I said as I held on to Sandra's hand placed on top of my face. "Of course we can." She said with a large smile across her face.
We spent the rest of the night sitting on the back of her car, our legs touching, and our hands placed together.
"This is our secret place now" Sandra said as she held my face and kissed my cheek.