Reconnecting

Sandy's POV:

Since our last date, things could not have been better with Cate. We have gone out 2 more times, once for dinner and once to the park. Cate said she wanted to take things slow, so obviously we didn't kiss or go any further yet. I don't mind that at all, I want her to feel safe and loved. I also spoke to Sarah for about an hour on the phone. I was terrified, had no idea what to say and what not to say, I didn't have to apologize or give an explanation since nothing happened between us, it was just time and space that separated both of us.

"Hello?" she said in her soft voice.
"Sarah," I said excitedly. I didn't realize that hearing her voice after so many months would make me this happy.
"What happened?" she asked, concerned.
"Nothing, I was just calling to catch up, I thought it would be great to see each other again. You know, get our friendship back."
"Mmh, I've heard you have been seeing Cate again" Sarah said almost judging. I had no idea who told her, or how she found out but it didn't really matter she was going to find out sooner or later. Although it did worry me that if Sarah found out, Andrew would also find out if he didn't do so already.
"No, I mean yes, well not really. Who told you?" I asked. "Someone told me they saw both of you together the other day." Sarah replied back.
"Well, we recently started hanging out again, you know, in a friendly way" I said, almost apologizing.
"Did you reach out to her or did she talk to you first?"
"I was invited to her premier party by Tom and that's when we saw each other, she had no idea I was going though."
"How did that go?""She didn't really want to see me or talk to me, but after a while it was as if nothing happened"
"And do you want to be more than friends with her?"
"I don't know Sarah, we are taking things slow."
The thing that I like about my friendship with Sarah is that nothing occurred between us, we immediately picked up right where we left off. Even though I haven't seen her or talked to her in months I knew that she would always be there. "Either way I think it's a good idea to see each other, I miss you guys" Sarah replied.
"Yes i'm so excited!" I screamed through the phone.
"What's the plan then?"
"Let's go out for lunch or dinner" I said.
"With Cate as well?" Sarah asked.
"Yes of course, she was excited to see you."
"Even after everything I said to her?"
"Do you regret saying all of that?"
"Of course I do. At the time I was mad because I knew that would change everything."
"And it did""Yes, it did. But now I know that all I really care about is both of your happiness."
"Thank you Sarah."
"You have no reason to thank me."
"I know but still."
"I am looking forward to seeing you both."
"Me too, hopefully it can all go back to how it used to be."
"Hopefully."