Chapter 13: I'm Here For You

In the school corridors, he walked with the jigsaw pieces jumbled inside his head. It's been five days since that day when Marinette got sick. He's still thinking about everything. He's sure he saw a tear in Felix's eyes. He saw that picture of them Felix was keeping on the table next to his bed. That secret felt to him like the key to the truth behind all this. There's a missing piece and he has to find it at all costs.

    "Does he still have feelings for Marinette and if it's true then why would he leave her? It's not like he suddenly decided it. He had a full year to back up but he didn't. He wouldn't do it if his reason wasn't good. Well, there's only one way to get some answers."

    He needs to confront Felix once and forever. This riddle must be solved. He must know that secret. He entered the lockers room knowing for sure that Felix will be there. From behind him, his voice came cold as ice.

Adrien: I have some questions.

   Felix wasn't surprised by it. He knew Adrien will come to him asking for answers sooner or later. Well, it was Felix's chance to give him the last warning before he dives deeper into this mess. He decided to take this conversation slowly at first and replied in ignorance.

Felix: And what if I don't want to answer?

Adrien: Let's get straight to the point. Do you still love her? If you do then why did you leave? What are you hiding?

    Adrien was shouting like he was on fire.

Felix: Why do you want to know so bad. It's none of your business as I see.

Adrien: No it is!

   Adrien's high tone started spreading tension in the air. Felix thought it was his chance to threw his warning and looked him dead in the eyes then roared at him.

Felix: I think my answer is clear when I tell you for the 100th time to stay away from her. You have got no clue about what's going.

Adrien: What if I want to have a clue.

Felix: If you knew, nothing will change. So give me one reason to tell you anything.

Adrien: I want what's best for Marinette. Whatever that is.

    It made Felix let out a slight laugh full of the meanings of pity and replied to his determined looks with a look of apathy.

Felix: Take it from me, Adrien, Run away when you can. Consider this the one single time I treat you like a member of my family that I don't want to get hurt.

Adrien: Why should I run away? Run away from what?

Felix: RUN AWAY FROM MARINETTE!!! Run away from her love. It's a curse!!... Once you fall, you will find yourself doing stuff. You won't understand why and you won't have the chance to step back. It'll always be too late!!

    He was shouting, angrier than ever. His words seemed to have come out from his suffering and nearly shed a tear. It made Adrien believe for the first time that Felix might be really worried about him. That this might be bigger than what he can handle. Than what he thought he can go through. Felix himself was surprised at how he lost control over his anger and...

Felix: I already said a lot.

Adrien: What makes me believe any of what you're saying?

    Adrien asked in the last try to keep his fears away. He couldn't handle how weak he found himself in front of Felix's words. The answer to that was the least Adrien expected.