Chapter 3: Humiliation

The next day, Adrien went to school and he was determined on knowing Marinette's story. He must know what happened to her. He had been thinking about it all night. All night he had been just guessing and making theories but he knew that the truth was far away from all that he would ever think about. It was just a feeling though he believed it. He reached school and searched for Alya whom he guessed was one of Marinette's closest friends. He found her in the hall talking to Nino. Of course, he did not know Nino. He walked to them and greeted them.

Adrien: Good morning, guys.

Nino greeted back with a cool smile on his face.

Nino: You're the new student, right? I am Nino, nice to meet you, buddy. Alya told me about what you did yesterday with Marinette. That was so cool of you.

Adrien: Thanks, Nino. It's nice to meet you too. Talking about Marinette, what...

He couldn't complete his sentence but found Felix joining them. He said in arrogance.

Felix: Hey, Adrien. What are you doing with these losers? Come hang with us, buddy.

Adrien looked at him in disgust mixed up with anger. He was still mad at him for what he did to Marinette yesterday. Besides, he wouldn't hang out with bullies. He wasn't that kind of guys. He replied.

Adrien: Sorry but I don't hang out with show-ups.

   Felix giggled pathetically looking at Adrien and said.

Felix: OMG. It's okay, I excuse you. You think you're the prince charming who will save the princess from the bad guy but you will join me one day, just remember my words, Agreste.

Alya on the other hand wasn't comfortable with this conversation going on. If it kept going, they would fight. It was obvious. She wouldn't like Adrien fighting with his cousin. It would just attract attention towards Marinette again and it wasn't anything good. She interrupted directing her talk to Felix.

Alya: Thanks for your interruption, Felix. We will think about it.

She said in an angry tone then pulled both Nino and Adrien and got out of there. The moment they reached the locker room, she said in a serious tone.

Alya: We should get this boy away from Marinette as much as we can and especially today.

Adrien: And why especially today?

He said in excitement and obvious curiosity. They were finally getting somewhere. Alya talked.

Alya: It all happened just like today last year when...

Alya couldn't complete her talk to find Rose and Juluka interrupting.

Rose: Alya, I am worried about Marinette. She still didn't get to school. That's not like her and since today is her birthday.

Alya: I know. We have to go visit her after school.

Adrien was trying to keep up with the conversation but it was getting weirder each second. Something is going on and he's the only one who doesn't know about it. Her birthday must be a celebration, not a funeral. He asked.

Adrien: Why? if it's her birthday then we should celebrate, right?

Juleka answered him.

Juleka: It's complicated. Actually, that day...

And she couldn't continue either when they saw Nathaniel, Marc, and Alix joining them.

Alix: Hey, guys. Has anyone seen Marinette?