Chapter 5: Dreams Or Nightmares

The next day Marinette walked to school but this time she wasn't imprisoning herself beneath the black hoodie but was prettier than ever in that pink hoodie with flower patterns on it. She wasn't covering her hair with the hood like she always did but she just let her silky dark hair strands down for the slight autumn wind to fly it in a mesmerizing scene. Everyone was surprised by this sudden change but was it the only surprise Marinette has got for them? As Marinette walked through the corridor to reach her class, she saw Felix waiting for her right next to the railing in front of the classroom's door. He had plans on bullying her like every time still not realizing that the strong Marinette has already risen and this won't be one of his best days. She walked to him confidently and said in a challenging brave tone.

Marinette: Good morning, Felix.

    He heard her say and was it her? Marinette? He didn't hear that name on her lips for a long time now and honestly, he missed it!! He started suddenly feeling weak and scared. He surely preferred the old weak Marinette. He finally decided to look at her and it was the moment when his expression turned to confusion mixed with all the meanings of surprise. She was wearing pink and letting her hair down. What happened to her and why is his dead heart beating again? He couldn't answer her or reply to her greeting. She said teasingly.

Marinette: What? Cat caught your tongue?

    He was still shocked and couldn't process any of what he was seeing. When Chloe saw Felix that way, totally lost and speechless, just staring at her, she felt as if she was losing him again. She interrupted to save him from the embarrassment.

Chloe: Oh look!! The dummy came to school again. Don't tell me that you couldn't take the glitter off your black hoodie.

   She said in fake bravery which Marinette was easily able to bring down.

Marinette: You know what, Chloe? You try showing people worse than you because you only want to feel better than them but those are only tries. And if you would ask me, I'd advise you to save your heart for someone better than Felix. He's not worth it. I tried.

     Marinette along with everyone knew Chloe had a crush on Felix and she finally decided to use it against her now. It wasn't the best thing to do though Marinette in a try to take her revenge did it. She walked past Chloe who just stared at her in anger. Did she just expose her feelings? She finally reached Lila and began.

Marinette: oh and Lila, I haven't gotten to you yet.

     The girl took out of her bag a bottle of water and poured it over Lila's head then said right to her face...

Marinette: This is for every time you poured water over me. I bet you will ever forget this.

    And she left to class under the looks of astonishment from everyone. They all saw what the triple was doing to her every day and look at them now. And for a matter of fact, Marinette wasn't the only girl who would get bullied by them. They took what they deserved. Everyone then clapped for Marinette and started laughing at them which made them feel humiliated and run from everyone's eyes. And as Felix passed next to Marinette he whispered in her ear.

Felix: You will pay for that, Dupain Cheng.

     A strong smile appeared on her face as she replied to his threat in confidence.

Marinette: We will see about that Felix. We will see.

   And she left him drowning in total anger and annoyment. She was challenging him right to his face. She was declaring war. He walked to the bathroom and stood in front of the mirror then punched the wall next to him pouring his anger on it.