Chapter 9: Felix's Secret

Days went on and the heroes couldn't get any rest with Akumas showing up day and night. It was getting so hard to focus on their school work and though Marinette was able to barely keep up with the school work, Adrien was in big trouble with his low marks. It was getting harder to breathe now as they must save Paris all the time, study hard to get high marks and attend school, all at the same time. But while they have been suffering through all that because of the butterfly miraculous holder, he was going through sleepless nights too.

It was another morning in Paris. Felix woke up on the sound of his mom.

Amalie: Come on, Felix. Wake up! It's Monday.

His mother called while putting his lunch box inside his bag as he was already late for school. He answered in boredom sleepily.

Felix: Mom! I don't want to go to school today. I am so tired. Why can't I just be absent for a day or two?

   Amalie glared at him and called angrily with her patience running out.

Amalie: Felix!!!

    He got scared and quickly got up and rubbed his eyes tiredly as replying to his mom.

Felix: Ugh... fine... I'm coming.

Her reaction turned 180 degree as she again smiled kindly and replied in a sweet voice.

Amalie: OK, darling. I am waiting for you downstairs.

     As Amalie walked downstairs, a purple creature got out of its hiding place and greeted his owner.

Nooroo: Good morning, Felix.

    Felix looked at the poor kwami and replied giving him breakfast.

Felix: Good morning, Nooroo. Here!! have some food.

     He threw him a piece of cake and sighed tiredly.

   "ugh. I have been making Akumas for two weeks now and nothing works. This is so stupid but what other choice do I have. I just have to be patient. If only I were able to catch any thread of facts that can help me, I can change my techniques but they are so cautious. That day with the maze mistress. Mister bug nearly gave up his miraculous for someone. It was a trap of illusions but I never saw who that was. It was only a dark shadow. Only he was able to see it. I have to do something instead of just sending stupid Akumas into the battlefield for me but then here the question repeats itself. What do I do? I can't give up now. Not after all these sacrifices."

    He heard his mother call again from downstairs.

Amalie: Felix!! The car is ready. You'll be late for school this way.

He frowned and got out of bed then headed to the bathroom to take a quick shower before he goes to school. Those last two weeks were miserable. It's a miracle that he survived them without losing any marks. He would never let that happen anyway. He got out of the bathroom, wore his white shirt and black blazer then walked downstairs and rode the car. He reached school early as expected from an outstanding student like him and entered the hall. He looked around checking the place around and analyzing the day he's about to go suffering through. In other words, trying to find another pray for his Akuma. He was able to see that group of four sitting together. Nino was standing next to Alya who was talking about how cool Mister bug and Ladynoire were and Marinette was throwing puns in between while Adrien was stupidly sitting next to Marinette and blushing so hard at her laugh. The scene got him somehow angry and he decided to go upstairs and get a book from the library. He entered and looked through the book shelves searching for a title that would catch his attention. Or the title he has never read before as he read most of these books. He kept looking until a title caught his attention.