Chapter 3 / Dream

Start from the beginning

____________________________________

They got home around 12AM, just in time for lunch. A simple tuna sandwich and kibbles for Dream filled their stomachs up pretty quick. Sapnap was finishing up the dishes when he heard small patters growing closer to him. He turned his head around after drying his hands, and stared at Dream. The dog had the toy bag in his mouth staring at the man eagerly.

"Do you want me to open it bud?" Sapnap asked as he grabbed the bag from his mouth. The two walked over to the couch where Karl was laying on and sat on the floor. Sapnap sprawled out all the toys bought from the store and watched as Dream inspected each one. He finally chose one.

It seemed like a small character? A round head on a blob body, a big smile plastered on its face.

(Like this but of course with tougher material and a squeaker inside the head)

Sapnap grabbed a pair of scissors from the kitchen and cut open the zip ties holding the toy down. He tossed it across the room to Dream. Quickly jumping, he got it in his mouth. He trotted over to Sapnap and dropped the toy at his feet. He wanted to play fetch.

____________________________________

"COME ON DREAM I'VE BEEN THROWING THE TOY FOR THE PAST 20 MINUTES MAN"

Sapnap whined out loud as he watched Dream retriever the toy and drop it next to the man for the thousandth time.

"Okay fine. Only 5 more minutes or else I'm gonna die." Dream sat in agreement.

Karl had been watching the two go on and on, throwing the toy and retrieving it. It was funny to him, Sapnap had thrown it hundredths and thousandths of times and Dream somehow didn't tire out.

Karl was snapped back into reality when he felt the left side of the couch dip as Sapnap dropped dead.

Dream just sat his bottom down in front of Karl with the toy in his mouth.

"Dream! You've been going at it since we've opened it! Come on boy give Sap a break!" Karl jokingly whined.

Dream just continued to stare with puppy eyes at the two. Karl sighed and got up from his seat.

"Let's go on a walk to get rid of all that energy"

Dream jogged up next to Karl to get his harness on.
With a small click they were on their way.

They walked around the neighborhood for a pretty long time. Karl wanted to drain Dream's energy before walking back in the house so Sapnap wouldn't have to break his arm off again.

Dream was trotting next to Karl at a slow pace when all of a sudden, he bolted. This definitely caught Karl off guard, causing him to let go of the leash in his hand, stumbling forward.

"DREAM"

Karl yelled out in shock as he watched the dog turn a sharp corner into a small alleyway between buildings.

"DREAM COME BACK!"

Karl chased after him. He almost missed the turn tripping on his feet, running after Dream. Glad to see it was a dead end, he let his hands fall to his knees, as he continued panting from the random hurst of energy he had to create.

"DREAM! What were you- what the"

Karl looked down to see Dream sitting in front of a small cardboard box.

Confused he squatted down next to it as well.

~Karl's pov~

I squatted down next to the mysterious cardboard box next to Dream and quickly inspected it.

It was a beat up box, flaps closing the top except for one. I could see that something was written under on the side of the box so I lift up the side flap covering it. Hm. 'FREE'? The letters were smudged and messed up due to the pretty heavy rainfall the night prior. What could be in this box though?

Clothes?
No why would someone leave it in a box like this.

Furniture of some sort?
That wouldn't even fit Karl.

Books perhaps?
Yeah no.

Dream nudged my side with he paw, signaling me to open the box.

I looked back at it, still wondering what it could be. I reached my hand on the top flap, flipping all of them away from the opening. Dream and I both leaned forward peering inside the box, curious to see.

"What the honk?!!"

(1191 words)

Sorry, a lot of time skips. This chapter was a small filler? Idk at this point but a small cliffhanger there. I would say to suffer and wait for my lazy ass to write another chapter but from the description, I think you already know what it is in the box. Anyways, thanks for reading :))