Chapter 14

Hours had passed. It was late into the afternoon by now, with still no word from Vlad. I was beginning to think that maybe he wasn't coming back after all.

Stop worrying so much..he'll be back before nightfall I'm sure.. My wolf reasoned.

"Pshh you think I care? It's not like I miss him or anything." I lied.

I layed back lazily on the cloud bed. The wind continued to howl incessantly against the window, and the bite of frost crept under the door. I figured we must be somewhere near the jaggedclaw mountain range, as they were the only pack this far north. Their Alpha was the only she-wolf leader in the entire territory.

I pulled the covers up higher and sighed. My own pack must be worried sick about my absence. I could only hope that Alpha Rayne and Nik made it out of the ball unharmed. So much happened that night, I didn't get the chance to find them.

The sound of footsteps..lighter than usual..could be heard approaching my door. A light tap rang out, then another.

I don't recognize this scent..Tatia commented.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Don't worry about it open up."

I walked towards the door, secretly hoping mate would be standing there.

A young man stood on the other side, carrying dozens of wrapped packages. He looked similar to my mate, but yet so different. The one thing that stood out about him were his piercing green eyes.

He looked me over head to toe, scrutinizing every detail.

"Who are you?" I asked with a cocked brow.

"I'm Alexei. Vlad..er um..asked me to bring these to you." He said, thrusting the bags towards me.

Confused I reached to grab them, dropping a few in the process. Goddess there were so many.

What could it possibly be? He said Vlad told him to give me these. As in my mate.. I stood there awkwardly in my pajamas, arms full with the mystery bags. I continued to stare at him, waiting for a further explanation.

"I'll be back with the rest." He said, closing and locking the door once again before leaving.

There were more packages? Oh my..

You better open those..like now. My wolf said. She was always impatient.

"Chill I am." I gingerly carried the packages back to the bed, and tossed them on the fluffy blankets.

Quickly, I began unwrapping the first one. A card fluttered to the ground.

"Brielle" was written across the front in small printed writing. I opened it.

"You're my guest for dinner tonight. Find something suitable to wear out of the dresses I picked for you. Hope you like everything. I look forward to seeing you soon.  -V"

He's inviting me to dinner?

I continued to unwrap the rest of the package, revealing a velvet jewelry box at the bottom. The container was heavy, and held something expensive whatever it was. My jaw dropped the second I opened it.

Diamonds..lots of them. It was a necklace with an intricate pendant of a wolf. I gently ran my finger over the glistening stones. Why is my mate doing this? He literally rejected me. None of this made any sense.

You're not finished we still have a lot more to open..Tatia said.

I allowed myself to smile for the first time in awhile.

"Guess we better get started then."
* * * * * * *

Two hours, and four dresses later, I had found the one.

The dress was a black Louis Vuitton, with a plunging neckline. A slit ran down the bodice of the dress, with small gemstones lining the bottom. It fit me almost a little too perfectly, accentuating all my curves.

The shoes I had picked matched wonderfully, seemingly made from the same material as the gown.

Damn..mate knows what he's doing.

"I would have to agree." I said, twirling around in the mirror. I frowned at the appearance of my hair. It looked a little greasy and was stringing in my face. A shower would have been nice.

I threw my hair up into a messy bun. It would have to do. My skin was also another inconvenience. With the lack of makeup, I looked tired and stressed. I sighed knowing it couldn't be helped.

Put on the necklace. My wolf suggested.

I took the piece of jewelry from its box, and fastened it onto my neck. It was stunning.

I was almost finished getting ready. I had the dress, the shoes, the jewelry..just no makeup. I pinched my cheeks, adding some life to my dull complexion. I looked plain and simple. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing, but something extra would have been nice.

He's coming..Tatia announced.

"Who is- Is it mate?"

No..Alexei.

Just then the doorknob rattled followed by receding footsteps.

I went to the door and turned the knob. It had been unlocked. My heart began to beat a little faster. Taking a deep breath, I stepped out into hallway.
* * * * * *

A/N: IM BACK GUYS!!! I'm so incredibly sorry for the months I didn't update. I've been busy with school and hadn't had the time. Anywaysss here's a little something I hope you enjoyed!!

This chapter is dedicated to @VinoftheMist

P.s. don't forget to vote and comment 🥺