Chapter 7 (part 2)

Vlads POV-

What good is making plans if no one follows them? When things are carried out in haste, mistakes can and will happen. Organization is essential. My father of all people should know this.

Apparently being patient wasn't good enough for Dmitri. He had wanted blood to be shed as soon as possible.. Alpha's blood.

This wasn't good. I needed to have some kind of plan. If everything works out the way I intend it to, no one would be dying tonight.

The theater was a massive place. All this stupid music was clouding my thoughts, making it difficult to think. Thank goddess I'd laid off the alcohol.

I needed to be in full control of my senses. There was no room for errors tonight. So like the diligent son I had to be, I obeyed the orders I was given.

As soon as Oleg had busted through those doors, I had a pretty good idea of what exactly Dmitri had done. I followed behind the guard, maintaining a safe distance.

He didn't reveal any more intel, and walked ahead in silence. I hoped that the plan still remained the same. If Dmitri had changed it last minute I'd really be screwed.

We walked past the double doors of the ballroom, which was still mostly empty. By nightfall the entire room would be filled with wolves, and the claiming ceremony would begin. That's when everyone needed to be on their toes. Anything could happen.

The further we walked down the hallway, the more drowned out the music sounded. It was almost a relief.

"Remind me to have a talk with the DJ after this." I said to my wolf.

Its going to be more than just a talk.. My wolf laughed.

It wasn't until we'd passed several doors that I'd begun to grow suspicious. Was it really that necessary to walk all way to the other side of the theater just for Dmitri tell me something? Why couldn't he come to me if it was so important.

"Where exactly did Dmitri want to meet?" I asked Oleg.

"Just a few doors down here. The Alpha thought it'd be best to have some..privacy."

He stopped in front of a door at the end of the long hall. He knocked once before opening it, and gestured for me to go in.

"After you."

I should have smelled this coming from miles away. But instead, I walked right into the trap.

I wasn't even halfway into the room before I felt the cold barrel of a gun at the back of my head.

"Don't move." Oleg ordered.

Oh he is so dead- Mikhail snarled.

I laughed lightly. Didn't this man know his place? Bloodvenom or not, he was still a beta. A simple bullet to the head wasn't enough to bring an Alpha down. Surely he knew this.

"I know what you're thinking." He hissed in my ear. "So you better not do it. I will not hesitate to shoot you, and trust me..you do not want that to happen. These bullets are special."

Wolfsbane bullets. Classic.

I needed to quickly analyze this situation. Clearly Oleg didn't want to kill me. At least not right away. If he wanted me dead, he'd have already shot me.

There was something he wanted from me. Whatever it was, it had to be important enough to risk the facing consequences of my insane father. Or perhaps his loyalties lied elsewhere. Hell, he could even be working with someone else for all I knew.

"I'm only going to say this once Oleg. I don't want to kill you, but I will if I have to. You want something. What is it?" I spoke calmly.

"You know exactly what I'm here for. The codes. I need them, and you're going to give them to me." He cocked the gun, pressing it harder into my skull.

I growled. He wanted the codes to the bloodvenom vault and the safes inside. The jewels contained within those titanium walls were worth far more than money could buy. But it was the pack's treasury, not a crooks payday.

"You know I'm not going to talk, so go ahead and shoot me." I said.

"Maybe I'll do just that."

It all happened in a flash. Quicker than a lightening bolt, I whipped around pinning Oleg up against the wall. He pulled the trigger.

The shot fired upwards, hitting the ceiling. I grabbed his wrist and began slamming it into the wall. After a few hits, his gun fell from his hand onto the floor. He was defenseless now.

Oleg's eyes grew wider than saucers as his true fear set in. The odor that rolled off his body was strong. It was amazing how someone could go from powerful to powerless just like that. He should fear me.

I say we eat him. Mikhail chucked darkly.

"No he'd probably taste like shit. I say we teach him a lesson. One he won't soon forget."

A/N Hey guys! it totally hasn't been weeks since the last part. I'm sooooo sorry lol but here it is. What do y'all think?

Anyways don't forget to vote and comment 🥺

This chapter is dedicated to @clarahale_writes for being the best reader an author could ask for:)