Beat Croatia

~y/n's POV~

"Right. Game day lads." Dad started "Just keep a clear head lads. You've got this.
We're going 4-3-3.
Walker-Stones-Y/n-Trip
Phillips-Rice-Mount
Foden-Kane-Sterling
Let's go lads!"

We stood in the tunnel and I felt sick. I took a deep breath. I saw Luka Modrić and he saw me.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Playing. What about you?" I smirked. He laughed.

"Funny." We walked out onto the pitch and we sang our national anthems. We took our jumpers off and put them in our seats and I ran and stood in position.

"Ready?" John shouted across to me.

"Ready!"

We played the first half and Foden had had a shot and hit the post. We went into the changing rooms and we had a drink and I ate some orange.

"Right. Really good lads. Just gotta press now and get a goal." Dad said. We were all super hyped and went back out. I got the ball and ran up the pitch.

"Here!" Kalvin yelled. I passed to him and he got passed two more people. Kalvin found Sterling and Raz scored in minute 57. We all went crazy. "YES!"

"LETS GO!" Raz screamed. We continued playing and a Croatian player shoved me over as the ref blew his whistle for a foul. Mount and Rice were straight there to defend me.

"Whatcha think you're doin'?" Rice bellowed.

"Who do you think you are?" Mount yelled. Foden helped me up as Mase and Dec calmed down.

"You good?" Phil asked.

"I'm fine." We played till the 71st minute and Foden went off and Beans came on.

"LETS GO!" Rashy yelled. In the 82nd minute Harry went off and Jude came on.

"We've got time for another!" Jude bellowed. I shot but it was saved. 90+2 Dom came on and Raz went off.

"Go get another shot y/nick/n!" Dom encouraged. With a minute to spare, I shot again and missed the target by an inch. The ref blew the whistle and we'd won. Luka came over to me before he left the field.

"Not too bad..." he smirked "for a girl." I didn't realise Marcus behind me.

"Say that again" I threatened. "I dare you."

"I said that you're not too bad for a girl." Luka smirked at me again as Marcus pushed past me and towered over him.

"She was running circles around you so leave her alone." Marcus said in a scary, deep tone. Luka backed away.

"Okay. I'm sorry. I'm going." Luka left and Marcus gave me a huge hug.

"You did amazing! And your shots! I don't know how they didn't go in!" He said excitedly. I grinned from ear to ear.

"Thanks Marcus." We cheered with some of the fans and we went down to the changing rooms.

"That was amazing guys! England have just won their first opening match since 1966!" Everyone cheered. "You all did yourselves proud today. Right. Off to the hotel now. We head back to St George's Park tomorrow morning." We all got on the bus to the hotel and all the lads were sharing with each other and dad had his room.