Phil Foden

~y/n's POV~

I got my iPad and went and sat on the of the pitch drawing. After training ended, before we surprised Trent, Trip and Mason came and sat either side of me.

"Hey lads" I said.

"Hello little miss" said Trip.

"What are you up to?" Asked Mason.

"Drawing as always" I said.

"Let's see it then!" Trip got excited.

Both of their jaws dropped.

"Jesus Christ, that's amazing!" Said Mason as he smiled at me.

"Thanks. Anyway erm. What's you know who said about me today then?" I asked expecting them to say something crazy.

"It wasn't too bad today actually" Mason nodded.

"Really?" I smiled "wow"

"He only said you were a pain in the arse and you don't shut up about football." Trip said grinning.

"All of which is true at times" Mason sniggered as I elbowed him in his side.

"You're on thin ice Mount" we all laughed. "Let's go surprise Trent!"

"We'll go in and you bring him in" said Trip, still grinning.

"Will do!" The other boys all ran inside and Trent was picking up his water bottle. "Hey Trent!"

"Hey y/n. Whatcha doing?" He asked smiling

"As it's your birthday, I wanna show you something!" I giggled.

"I'm scared" he laughed.

"Don't be! It's good. I promise" I handed him a blindfold. "But you gotta put this on"

"You won't let me walk into anything, will you?"

"I'll try" he put the blindfold on and I carefully dragged him to the home changing rooms. All the boys were in there already.

"When can I take this off y/n?" He moaned.

"Not yet. Just wait!" I said as Pickers passed me a party hat.

I didn't realise the party poppers. The noise still scares me.

"Okay! Now!" I yelled. Trent took off his blindfold.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" Everyone yelled.

People started pulling the party poppers and I couldn't help but flinch slightly at the noise. A few of the boys must've noticed because Rashford, Grealish, Foden and Mings didn't use their poppers.

Everyone was partying for a while and I went and sat outside on the grass.

"Hey you" it was a young but strong voice so I turned to see who it was.

"Hey Phil. What are you doing out here? You should be in there." He sat down next to me.

"So should you." He turned to face me. "What are you doing out here?"

"Just. Getting a bit of fresh air that's all"

"I saw your face when those poppers went off." I looked away from him. "Are you scared of them?" I realised there was no point in lying to Phil. He'd find out the truth anyway.

"Just the noise" I said, quieter than a whisper.

"Why?" He had a genuine concern in his voice. I looked back up at him.

"You can't tell anyone Phil. I haven't even told Trent this."

"I won't tell anyone y/n. I promise" he looked at me with worry. I sighed and looked away from him.

"When I was about 6 or 7, dad took me to this little pub in the middle of nowhere. No houses could be seen for miles. It was almost bonfire night, so they were gonna let off some fireworks. None of us knew that this pub didn't have a firework license. When they let them off, they were only exploding about 25, 30 feet in the air. All the little bits were landing right in front of my feet. They were so stupidly loud they petrified me. A few firework pieces landed on me and I had small burns for weeks. I had my first anxiety attack that night. Dad didn't forgive himself for taking me for years and he still doesn't"

"Oh my god!" Phil grabbed me into a big brother like hug. "That's why you were scared of the party poppers isn't it. It reminds you of it!"

"Yeah." I looked away from him. "It's stupid I know"

"No, no, no. Everyone's afraid of something." He assured me.

"Yeah but not something petty like this."

"You'd be surprised." He turned my head to face him and he smiled. "Oh and you'll be pleased to hear that Maguire's gone home" we both laughed. All the lads came outside and stood by us. Phil spoke to Jadon Sancho "Hey Jadon. What's going on?"

"We're playing a no rules football game" he replied.

"Yes! You coming y/n?" Phil asked.

"Sure." I smiled.