"I'm sorry about them. They think they own me." She said as she turned around and they quickly averted their eyes elsewhere. "I'm Matthew." I said as she smiled at me again.

"I know who you are. You came from Australia. I love your dad's album. It's sad they just stopped after touring, but he would've been one of the greats. I also know you work at the car wash and my car is looking pretty rough. I was just wondering if I came by would you guys clean it for me and maybe we could eat at Rudy's after." She asked and I smirked, thinking. "Yeah, Summers would love too. Wednesday at 5:00 would be good. It's the least busiest time."My cousin answered for me. She looked away slightly.

"See you then." She said and sauntered away. I chuckled as my cousin sat there with his mouth wide open. "You can adjust yourself later." I said laughing hysterically and grabbed him with a pull to the car.

I pulled up in my old driveway, that I once called home. I made my cousin stay inside the car as always. I come by every month to drop off money for my mom. Only God knows what she does with it, but I'll never just leave her alone with nothing, my dad has done that enough times. I walked in slowly to find my mom hanging all over a random dude.

He looked familiar to me. I probably saw him walking around when I was younger. My mum scrambled to her feet and kissed my cheek. She looked a mess, like a cat attacked her head and she had been crying for days and let the make-up sit there, dried up.

"Mum, is everything okay?" I asked as she grabbed my face in her palms. I saw the hurt in her eyes and I nodded my head as her eyes cried for help. I turned around and grabbed the dude by his shirt and picked him up. I swung hard across his face as he tried to swing at me and I ducked. He hit me under and I stumbled. My mum cried out my name as I touched my forehead. Blood dripped along my fingers. I felt woozy, but I stood up and I swung hard and pushed him on the floor as I repeatedly punched him over and over. My fist becoming a blood bath on their own. My mum finally started yanking me off.

"Don't kill him Matthew get off baby, stop hitting it's okay now, stop!" She said as I heaved. Her accent knocking me out of my trance. "Mum, did he hurt you?!" I said as she shook her head and tears fell out her eyes. "He deserved it then." I said as she touched my head.

"Come on baby let me clean you up." She said as I lifted myself off the floor and the dude tried to control himself. He wobbled as he tried to stand.

"Come anywhere near my mom again and you'll deal with me, you bastard." I yelled in his face. He shook like a 4 year old and ran. My mum grabbed my arm.

"Sit down right there, let me grab the ointment and bandages." She said as I groaned. "No mum you look sick, and I'm fine seriously it'll heal over time." I said and she frowned. "No baby, sit down we need to talk anyways." I sat back down.

"Mum, how long has it been?" I asked as she smiled. "It's been 10 weeks I'm doing good. I threw it all out." She said smiling at her accomplishment of staying clean. "I'm sorry mum, you don't deserve any of the shit they talk about in town. They don't know you." I said as she wiped my forehead carefully. "Baby, I could care less and I'm glad to see you still have that thick Australian accent like your father. It's a shame you try to hide it." She said as she stuck on the bandage precisely.

"I have to go." I said and she hugged me. My father and I. That's a touchy subject. I hide my Australian accent because it's tied to him and my mother who I just decided on letting back into my life when she decided to get clean. "You're a smart boy, I love you." She said as I walked back to the car.

"What took so long and why the hell do you have a black eye?" He asked as I started the engine. "Just a little family business." I said with a smirk on my face. "What the hell is on your face?" He asked motioning to my bandage. I touched it. "It's nothing, its just a cut that started hurting." I said as I pulled up outside my uncle's house.

"I'll see you later Summers." He said suspiciously as I waved at his mum who stood on the porch. I parked the car and gave the keys to my cousin. I walked down to the cabin, exhausted. I changed and started working on the engine in my soon to be car. My uncle said if I could fix it, it was mine. I've been working on Rose for weeks now. In the meantime, I borrow my cousins car sometimes.

I'm almost done, I just have to find a better engine, I'll do it sometime this week, maybe. It'll probably take a lot longer than I think. I'm super tired and my head is pounding from that dumb ass. I changed into some sweats and fell down on my makeshift mattress to fall asleep, head still steady pounding.

    Blu

I awoke to the curtains pulled back and my father sitting at the foot of my bed in a business suit. My breakfast was lying beside me like usual. I looked at the clock. It read 2:00pm. I rubbed my eyes softly as I remembered I was going to get my car washed by Matthew. He doesn't even understand how mysterious he is. I was quite nervous to ask him out or to wash my car rather since I'm a chicken and couldn't be straight forward.

"Baby girl, I heard you were going on some little play date with that ol' Matthew kid. You don't need to go out to much you have a press conference next week." He said as I munched on my toast, ignoring him. "Yes I know, and where did you learn such valuable information?" I said as I shaded my face a little with my hair.

"Your friends, Aaron, Amy, and Jack." He said with a smile. "Oh, they were there when I asked him to wash my car. It's not a play date, Dad. I'm almost 18." I said as my dad looked appalled. I kissed his cheek quickly and ran to the shower. He's a great father, but super overprotective, it's seriously annoying. It's even worse because I'm his only daughter. My brother is twenty-five and works for some huge law firm. He comes home every once in a while, but he and I are the only glue holding my family together.

I used my favorite strawberry-scented body wash and put on my favorite sun dress. I know Matthew probably wouldn't care about my looks, but I still had a town reputation to uphold for my father. I was also super nervous.

I started to jump in my Mercedes and realized it wasn't even dirty enough to be washed. Mary cleaned it yesterday like she does every week. I hopped out and grabbed some mud, but made sure my father was no were in sight to see his precious girl holding mud or "brown gump" as he called it.

I smeared it all over the rear end and a little on the window. I washed my hand in the faucet outside and put finger prints on the window. Dirty as ever, I thought in my head. I headed down to the car wash. It was almost 4:00pm. Time was flying.

I pulled up on the curb, but I didn't see Matthew, I saw his friend from yesterday. I got out and smiled at him kindly. He threw a frown my way. "Summer's isn't here." He said as my whole attitude deflated.

"Where is he?" I asked as steam blew off my ears. He pointed up hill to a cabin I drive by all the time. I jumped in my car and I flew up the street.
*****

PLEASE READ:

In case you're confused, 50 Shades of Blu is about a girl who has so many characteristics and this is her story with her troubled lover, Matthew. Most chapters are headlined with adjectives some are nouns, but in (almost every) chapter, exactly 50, each chapter name is displayed somewhere in the chapter. Whether the physical word or the action. You'll know ;). I hope you like it! I've spent lots of time working on this and I hope all my hardwork pays off!

This is my new book, obvi! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter. Please comment who the characters should be or who you imagine them as. I have a few choices, but I'm still in between and would love your advice.

Vote, Comment, Like, Inbox me if you have questions! Always happy to help:)

Updates every Monday

-L xo