I was surprised to hear such anger coming from the sub. 

"But even after you betrayed him, he still obsessed with you," Lette snapped. "It's always about you. Hell, the only reason he even chose me was because I had stupid red markings just like you. You don't deserve him. Boss is far better than your pathetic mate, that had to cheat to even win you." The white and red wolf stood and marched off. 

Aden stared in shock. "Who was that?"

I sighed. "That would be Lette. Boss's lover."

***

~Ranger

I returned to the office with every file from my past investigations. Shiloh was taking with Daven and Jesse, giving them every piece of information he remembered. It was much. They had been careful to keep all their captives in the dark, just encase one did escape. 

I spread them across alpha's desk. "That's everything."

"The bracelet." Trevor held out his hand. 

Taking it out of my pocket, I passed it to him. He then gave it to another wolf who quickly left the room. 

""My best hackers have been flown in, but this could tip them off," said Trevor. "We're just going to have to wait if they can do it."

"Jet know's we're coming," stated Darius. "He can't take Aden, and think we're just going to accept it."

Trevor sunk down into his chair. "What I'm worried about is if he mates with Aden to draw Titus out."

Darius glanced over at his brother. Saigon was helping his father to his feet and led him from the room.

"My brother is in no shape to be apart of this."

"I bet he took it well when you told him," I breathed. I knew the feeling. My eyes went to Shiloh. 

He smiled at me. I held out my hand and motioned for him to come. This whole event was making my wolf uneast. I won't be letting my sub far from my side. 

"It was an order given to him by his alpha," replied Darius. "I actually wanted to ask, if you could hide him. If Jet doesn't want to risk something happening to Aden, his next target will be killing my brother, so they can mate."

Shiloh grabbed my hand, before pressing into my side. I put my arm over his shoulders. 

Trevor nodded. "I'll arrange to have all of Aden's family moved to a safe house. Knowing Jet, he'll use anything to get what he wants." He rubbed his face and let out a deep breath. "Damn it, I should have let him die."

Darius's expression was blank. "You should have. We all thought he was dead."

"They managed to get his heart started again. Do you expected me to tell them to stop it."

"They shouldn't have even tried to save him," stated Darius. "Those are the rules of a death match, and you broke them."

***

~West

"How can he do that to Lette!" I ranted as Keith cooked dinner. "Let alone stealing from Northern Ridge. He's going to get all of us killed. You just can't take a higher up mate. Does he not know the number of allies these people have. Even in Hidden Peak, we knew about them. And Boss just walks right in and take Aden."

My mate shrugged. "We all told him that, but to him it doesn't matter. In my father's mind, Aden is his mate, and he has a right to him."

"Aden told me about the death match. Boss lost. Better yet, he should be dead." I threw my hands in the air. 

"You do know that if my father had died, I won't be alive."

I flopped over the counter. "I guess some good always comes with the bad."

He started to laugh. "Thanks." Holding the strainer over the sink, he drained the noodles. "I'm glad that you think so." Keith dished out two plates of spaghetti and dumped the sauce over them. Placing them in front of me, he walked around to the other stool. 

I started eating. "How do you make human food taste so good? The stuff in the factory was horrible."

"Talent," he leaned over and kissed my cheek. 

There was a knock on the door. I stretched out my neck, but no one barged in, so it wasn't Boss at least. 

"I'll get it." Keith stood and went to answer it. The door opened and a distraught Lette was standing there, clutching his tail.

"Oh no." I ran over and pulled him into the house.

"He doesn't want me. He told Adam to send me back to my birth pack." The sub wiped his face. "I don't want to go." Hiding my face in my shirt, he started to sob. "They were so mean to me. I'll just be an omega again."

I rubbed his back and took him to the living room. Sitting down on the couch, I did my best to calm him down. His breaths started to even out. 

Laying my head against his, I looked up at Keith. "Can he stay here?"

My mate nodded. "Of course. My dad is being stupid. Aden will never love him, and Northern Ridge won't stop until they get him back. He'll want you again. You'll see, Lette."

The sub smiled. "You think?"

Keith nodded. "Give it time, and one day Boss will stop obsessing over a man that will never love him and see he's had a sub that loves him all along, right in front of him. He won't need Aden anymore after that."

"I hope," he whispered. "Can I use your bathroom?"

"Sure." Keith pointed to it. "Do you want some spaghetti?"

"Did you make it?" 

"Of course."

Lette smiled. "Than I definitely want some."