Chapter 72 - The amazing Tamaki

Start from the beginning

"You're right. Let's save those pet names for tonight." He mused pulling me in to another more heated kiss, his hands slowly moving up my leg to cup my hip as my fingers began to move through his feathers. I could feel him tense up as I brushed against one of the more sensitive spots at the base of his wings, a low moan falling from his lips causing me to smirk against them before once again a loud knock sounded from the door.

"Urgh go away..." Keigo mumbled as I pulled away with a laugh, both of us sitting up before I shouted "come in".

"Heyo stranger!" Togata called out happily, marching in with a large 'Get well soon' balloon, Tamaki and Nejire following closely behind.

"Hey guys what are you doing here?" I smiled moving my feet to allow Nejire to sit at the bottom of my bed whilst Tamaki and Togata occupied the two chairs sitting beside it.

"We were playing hide and seek around the hospital but they kept finding us in the ICU!" Togata joked as we all looked at him awkwardly, I love puns but that wasn't his greatest.

"Sheesh tough crowd! We came to see how you were, I've got the balloon, Nejire's got the chocolates and Amajiki brought the bear. Give it to her man!" Togata exclaimed slapping Tamaki roughly on the back.

"Ow! He-here you go Kimi!" He stuttered handing me the violet bear with the words 'feel better beary soon' written on it's tummy.

"Aww thank you guys, this is so sweet!" I smiled hugging the bear to my chest.

"Hey it's good to see you again!" Togata declared at Keigo who grinned back.

"You too kid! From the breakdown Fatgum gave me you three were awesome out there!" He replied giving the three of them a thumbs up which resulted in Nejire giving a detailed run through of everything that happened at lightening pace. Judging by Keigo's confused expression he could barely make out half of what she was saying.

"Hey umm I'll grab some coffee and give you four some space to catch up. Let me know if you'd like anything!" He smiled as he stood up from the bed, pressing a gentle kiss to my forehead before he left the room.

As soon as he had closed the door, Togata had jumped up onto the bed and pulled me into a bone breaking hug.

"To-Togata ... can't breathe." I manage to mumble out as he quickly releases me and sits in the space Keigo left behind.

"Sorry Kimi it's just ... you did so much for me back there and I don't think I can ever repay you." He smiled sincerely, as the others nodded in confirmation at his words.

"It's nothing Togata!" I dismiss with a wave of my hand.

"No it isn't! Kimi I could have lost my quirk, my dream of being a hero ... everything. Thank you Kimi." He finished grasping my hand, his eyes no longer holding their playful glow but staring back seriously.

"Any time Togata. Though in saying that I'd still try to avoid getting shot okay?" I smile pushing his shoulder lightly.

"No promises but I'll try!" He laughed  brightly.

"Actually Nejire and I have to pop out for a second to ... I can't think of an excuse but you and Amajiki need to talk!" He laughed causing Tamaki's face to explode in a scarlett blush.

"So that wasn't awkward at all!" I laughed watching Tamaki fidget in his chair.

"Kimi ... there's something I need to tell you." He began, his pale hands shaking with nerves.

"I  ... I've always lo-" the poor guy looked like he was about to pass out at this point.

"Tamaki, it's okay I know." I admitted trying to make this easier but only to see his eyes grow wide at my words.

"You do but I ... no I have to say it. K-Kimiko Kita I love you and I-I don't know if I can ever stop loving you and if you don't love me like that it's okay! You don't owe me anything but back at the Hassaikai HQ I ... I wasn't sure if either of us were going to make it out and I don't think I could handle anything happening and you never knowing. I'm sorry if I've made this awkward. Can we ... can we still be friends?"

Tamaki's words hit me harder than I thought they would. Togata had told me of his feeling but hearing him admit them was heart stopping. His hands shook nervously but for once his eyes were not on the floor, instead he met my gaze albeit awkwardly.

"Of course we can Tamaki! Thank you ... for telling me. You're an amazing person and you'll be an amazing hero and one day you are going to find someone who is madly in love with you and if they don't treat you like the amazing person you are I'll kick their ass!" I declared pulling him into a tight hug which he gently returned with a quiet laugh.