chapter 1⁸

Gradients POV-

Crescent and I look around the upstairs. Pictures of sunsets and sunrises covered the walls. It seemed like the king of this place didn't like day or night.

We were in charge of checking out the bedrooms. And there were quite a few of them. So this was going to take a bit.

"So crescent where did you and your go earlier, while we were still in the town" I asked opening a door looking in the room.

"I wouldn't really say it's my place to say" he said.

I don't ask further questions as I continue down the hall.

We walk though the palace in silence. That was until he opened a door and called me over.

I peer into the room, It was a normal bedroom. The thing that stood out was the crown that stood out was the crown that sat on the velvet sheets.

He walks into the room as I follow close behind him. "Who leaves a crown on a bed in an abandoned castle."

"Probably the people who left this place, they were probably in a hurry when they left." I answered.

They snickered. "I would have atleast took such an expensive thing with me."

I roll my eye lights and walk over to the balcony. I pushed over the doors open to see that the sun was starting to set.

The smoke from the two kingdoms was still vibrant with the two different colors.

I was still nervous about the war between the two kingdoms. I knew this was not going to turn out well when the war actually started.

I take a deep breath and look down to the garden below the balcony. Weeds grew everywhere and there were few flowers that grew.

I lean on the railing and close my eyes. The breeze felt nice. And he could hear the crickets from below.

"There isn't any other thing that is special in the room besides this journal" Crescent said walking up beside me.

"What's it say" I ask still staring at the garden.

"I don't know, never learned wingding" he said putting it on the railing.

"We can get palette to look at it when we meet up again" I mumbled.

"Are you alright, you seem distant" he asked.

"Just a little nervous" I answered.

"What are you nervous about" he asked. I couldn't tell he was nervous. I didn't know what about though.

It could be that he didn't know if he had an answer. Or that he was also nervous for the upcoming event. Or that he didn't know if he could reassure me.

"What if we are not ready or strong enough for the war" I mumbled.

He didn't respond for a minute. "I have a great feeling we will be able to stop the war."

He didn't sound to confident in his wording or what he was saying.

Out of the corner of my eye I see him sigh then smile. "Do you care to dance."

I turn to him smiling back. "I'd love to dance." I say sarcastically and bow.

I take his hand and place my other hand on his shoulder. He places his other hand on my hip. I felt so unreal to be dancing with him.

Before I'd never thought we would meet each other without the border.

We quickly find a decent pace and dance to the crickets. I could hear a stream that made it calming.

"We still have to check out the rest of this floor" he sighed stepping away from me.

I nod agreeing with him. In 7 days war begins.

---

I'm back after 7 months to continue and hopefully finish this. As you see my writing got a little better so when I finish the story I will edit it. Anyway hope you enjoy.