32

"Do you think it's weird that Derek spent so much time at the hospital?" Erica asked Isaac as she tried to add a pencil to the stack of crap they had built on top of a sleeping Stiles.

"Not really. He's an alpha and members of his pack were in trouble." Isaac was nervous that Erica would be able to sense his cover-up.

"Okay...But not even Lydia was there that much- honestly another red flag- I think something's going on with them-" Erica frowned as she took her hand off the pencil, cringing as she waited for it all to fall. When it didn't she turned back to Isaac, waiting for him to weigh in.

"Maybe Lydia's just not as clingy as you." Isaac teased earning a glare from the blonde.

"And Derek is? No way. Something is going on." Erica mumbled skeptically.

"Maybe we should focus on the real issues. You know, like someone trying to kill us?" Isaac pointed out. Erica scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"Why focus on that? Not like we can do anything anyway" She shrugged. "But this, on the other hand, I'm invested in," Isaac added an eraser to the top of the stack careful to not let it fall.

"I'm sure it's nothing." Erica leaned in close to Isaac, studying his face.

"You know I can tell you're lying." She furrowed her brows. Isaac gulped as she got way too close. In a panic, Isaac bumped into Stiles, knocking down the tower and waking him with a pained grunt.

"Oh my god!" Stiles jumped as Erica glared at Isaac skeptically. Isaac was thankful that he distracted her for now but it was only a matter of time. "What happened? How long was I out?" He asked, looking between the two.

"Just over an hour," Isaac informed him, avoiding Erica's angry stare. Stiles pulled out his phone, shocked by the number of missed calls. There were 3 from Lydia, 2 from his dad, and 1 from Scott, Parrish, and Derek. He called Derek first but the man didn't respond. He figured he should probably call his dad back before he worried even more. When his dad didn't answer he started to feel a pit in the bottom of his stomach. He called Lydia next, a huge wave of relief when she answered.

"It's about time." She scoffed over the phone.

"What's going on?" Stiles questioned, not wanting to argue with Lydia about not answering his phone. 

"We talked to Meredith and we think she might know something about the list. I tried calling Derek but he's not answering." Stiles felt his concern coming back but pushed it aside. "The last time we saw him he was looking for Kate at the Argent's safe house."

"Text me the address. I'll head over now." Stiles was already grabbing his things when Lydia protested.

"No way. Allison and Scott are heading back there. Jordan and I are going to bring Meredith back to Eichen house. Kira is going to meet us there so we can see if we can figure out how she accessed the funds from there. Malia is going to drag Peter along so we can keep an eye on him. We have everything covered. You need to stay put"

"Lydia I want to help," Stiles grumbled. He had finally gotten past feeling useless in the pack and now his injury made it all come back. "If something is wrong, I need a distraction." 

"Stiles, it's too dangerous. We just almost lost you. Don't put us through that again." She pleaded. He could hear the sincerity and desperation in her voice and knew he should stop arguing with her. 

"Fine." Stiles hung up and threw his phone on his bed. 

Lydia slipped her phone into her pocket as Parrish escorted Meredith to the car. Originally he insisted she stay at the station but she pointed out that her Banshee knowledge could help deal with Meredith if something were to go wrong. He reluctantly agreed as she slid into the passenger's seat.