26

They cleared out the field leaving Stiles and Boyd, bleeding on the ground. The Sheriff ran over, kneeling next to his son. Lydia held onto Erica who was shaking though her eyes drifted to Derek. He was visibly tense and she wanted to comfort him she reached over and grabbed his hand. He pulled away but gave her a quick nod. 

Scott and Isaac ran out of the school, not knowing about what was happening on the field. They stopped when they noticed Stiles bleeding out on the field. Boyd was next to him, clutching his side and groaning in pain. Melissa was examining the wounds while everyone looked on nervously. The Sheriff had an angry looking boy in cuffs. 

"Parrish, there's a girl in the boys' locker room who tried to kill Scott," Isaac told the deputy as he ran over to explain what happened. 

"Stiles and Boyd were stabbed. Your mom is checking on them now but Stiles is unconscious." Parrish jogged past them to the school, going after the girl who had attacked Scott. 

"We need to talk about something that happened in there." Isaac frowned. 

"We will. But I have to go check on Stiles." Scott glanced at his best friend.

"You're right, I should probably go check on Derek." 

"What? Why?" 

"Uh, Alpha stuff." Isaac lied, hoping Scott was too distracted by the stress of the situation to pick up on it. Scott went over to his mom, crouching down beside Stiles while Isaac ran over to Derek. 

"Don't Isaac," Derek warned. He was clearly trying to keep up appearances despite every fibre of his being aching to hold Stiles.

"We have to get Boyd out of here. The hospital is not going to be able to do anything for him." Isaac pointed out, not talking about the main issue. 

"There's no way we can get him out of here without people asking questions. We'll talk to Melissa and get Deaton to meet us at the hospital." Derek decided, his eyes not leaving Stiles' unconscious form. 

The pack huddled together at the base of the field. Scott joined them so he could inform them of the situation and they could make a plan. 

"Sheriff Stilinski and Parrish are taking the two assassins down to the station. They're taking Stiles and Boyd to the hospital. My mom is going to go with them but she said one other person can go. Erica or Lydia, one of you guys should go." Lydia glanced at Derek nervously at Scott's suggestion. He shook his head. Boyd needed Erica.

"Erica should go." Lydia turned to the blonde and wiped some of her tears away.

"No, you should." Erica sighed. "Boyd will be fine, there's a chance Stiles may not be." She said the words they had all been thinking. The words that made Derek want to rip those two kids to shreds. 

"Erica, go. Stiles will have Melissa and the rest of us will be there soon." Erica smiled gratefully at Derek and Lydia before running over to Boyd. She flung herself into his arms earning a weak chuckle and a groan of pain. Erica was never one for vulnerability and seeing her clutch onto Boyd reminded them that even though they were werewolves, they weren't invincible. "Scott and Allison, I'll get you guys to go get Deaton. Lydia, Stiles trusts you with his jeep, take Isaac and bring it to his house. I'll meet you guys there and we'll drive to the hospital. Jackson and Ethan, go get Aidan and head to the station, see if Parrish has any information. Malia and Kira head straight to the hospital, Erica shouldn't be alone right now."

"Shouldn't Lydia go straight to the hospital?" Malia frowned at Derek's plan.

"Derek's right. Stiles would want to make sure his jeep is safe." Lydia nodded softly, lightly squeezing his hand. 

After the ambulances took Stiles and Boyd away, the pack split up.

Lydia hopped into the jeep with Isaac, deciding to worry about her car later. 

"Are you okay? Seeing your uh boyfriend like that must be pretty scary." Isaac wasn't sure if he should tell Lydia that he knew. He didn't have a chance before and now it felt wrong. They had much bigger things to worry about. 

"I'm okay. I'm worried but I'll be okay." She gave him a weak smile. 

Derek drove by himself, speeding through the streets of Beacon Hills. He didn't know what to do. He knew he had to get Lydia and Isaac to the hospital but he wasn't sure if he could sit there and pretend that he was just worried about his pack members. After a few dangerous laps around the city, he pulled the Camaro up to Stiles's house where Lydia and Isaac were waiting. They got in, Lydia glaring at Isaac when he tried to sit in the front. 

"Are you okay?" Isaac asked Derek as they got settled. 

"I'm fine Isaac. Let's just get Lydia to the hospital before people start asking questions." Lydia glanced between the two with a pensive look on her face.

"You told him?" She gasped.

"Not exactly," Derek muttered, his grip on the steering wheel tightening so much they worried he might crush it. 

"I uh... caught them." Isaac blushed, looking at his feet. "I won't tell anyone." He assured her. He wasn't sure who he was more afraid of if he did. They were both equally terrifying when they needed to be. 

"Not even Scott?" Lydia narrowed her eyes and Isaac loudly groaned.

"Why does everyone think I can't keep a secret from Scott?" He sighed dramatically. Derek was thankful for the momentary distraction but as they drove into the hospital's parking lot, it all came back to him. 

"He's going to be okay," Lydia assured him as he parked. They got out and walked through the doors. The receptionist directed them to the correct waiting room where Malia, Kira and Erica were. Erica was pacing, tear stains still visible on her cheeks. When she spotted Derek she wrapped her arms around his torso, catching him off guard. He held her as her tears began to soak through his shirt. Usually, he would have pawned her off on someone else but it was nice to have someone to hold. Even though she didn't know it, they were in the same situation. 

"Is Deaton here yet?" Derek asked over the blonde's shoulder. 

"No, Scott said they were on their way and Mrs. McCall is keeping an eye on him to make sure the doctors don't suspect anything," Kira informed them. 

"Jackson just texted me, they have information on the two people who attacked them," Lydia announced. 

"I'll head down to the station and check it out," Derek said, removing himself from Erica's grip. 

"You should stay here." Lydia blurted out. "If anything happens here, we need our alpha." She added, diminishing any suspicion. "Plus the Sheriff should be here any minute and he can give you more details."

"We need someone to keep tabs on everything," Derek insisted.

"Then maybe I can be of some assistance."