30

As she had expected, Stiles had been quite upset when he found out what they were up to. Lydia talked him down on the phone before going up to his room and telling him everything in person. Erica had gone back to Boyd and Lydia convinced Scott and Allison to give them some alone time for a few minutes. 

"Derek wouldn't do anything like that," Stiles assured her, trying to call him again. 

"He's been dodging all our calls since he left the hospital. Plus, how far would he go to protect you?" 

"Derek would never do that, especially for me. He knows I wouldn't want him to." Stiles argued. Lydia wanted to believe him but there was a pit in her stomach. She had been feeling strange all night and she was worried that was the reason why. 

"Maybe he wasn't thinking straight. Seeing you like that was hard, for all of us." 

"Don't get all soft on me, Martin." He teased. Lydia shook her head at him. 

"The bodies were covered in claw marks-"

"That doesn't mean anything. There are a lot of werewolves in Beacon Hills." Stiles forced himself to sit up a little straighter, ignoring the pain in his side. "What about Peter? Has anyone seen him lately?" 

"He was with Malia the whole night." Stiles shook his head. He had no idea who was responsible, but he knew it wasn't Derek. "If anyone can find him it's you. Where would Derek go if he's hiding." 

"The obvious place would be his old house but I don't think he's been there since Cora left. He might have just gone on a run through the woods but he would be back by now." Stiles was racking his brain for anywhere Derek might go. "I don't know Lyds. Honestly, I expected him to be here, by my side when I woke up." Lydia frowned at the sadness etched on his face. 

"Sit up." He furrowed his brows at her but did as told. Lydia moved the pillows from behind him and slid in, her legs on either side. Stiles leaned back until his head was resting comfortably on Lydia's stomach. She ran her fingers through his hair as he tried to relax. 

"The Derek I love would never kill those two kids for revenge," Stiles promised. 

"I know you want to believe that but-"

"Lyds, I need you to trust me. Derek didn't do this. Someone else did. And whenever I get out of this stupid room, I'm going to prove it." Stiles was tired of being cooped up and Lydia knew it was killing him to be out of the action. 

"Hey, you two." Allison slipped into the room with Scott following behind her. The pair smiled lovingly as they noticed Lydia and Stiles's comfortable position. "Someone's looking better."

"I don't know, Lydia always looks good." Scott teased, ruffling his best friend's hair. "How are you feeling, buddy?" 

"Oh, come on, Scotty. That's all you got?" Stiles chuckled. 

"My mom says you should be out of here in a few days." Stiles let out a loud groan. 

"I don't want to be in here another minute." Stiles pouted. Lydia kept playing with his hair as they all talked and Allison smiled to herself. 

"Well you're going to be trapped in here a little longer, there are some people who have been wanting to see you." Allison opened the door and the rest of the pack came flooding in, with the exception of a certain alpha. They all swarmed him, questions echoing around the room. 

"You look like you got hit by a truck, Stilinski," Jackson commented and Lydia glared at him in return as Ethan smacked the back of his head. 

After some heartfelt reunions and a few too many comments from Jackson, Stiles was relieved to see his dad in the corner.

"Alright, everybody out." The sheriff chuckled. Lydia slid out from behind Stiles, the last one out the door. "You okay, Son?" 

"I'm good, Dad. I promise." Stiles assured him, knowing how worried his dad would have been.

"Good, because I can't lose you. Got it?" 

"Got it." Noah hugged his son, careful not to hurt him. 

"Now I convinced Melissa to let you out early. She'll come to check on you at the house but at least you can sleep in your own bed." Stiles smiled gratefully as his dad handed him a pile of clothes to change into. "You think you can handle those okay?" 

"Yeah I should be able to manage." 

Once Stiles was changed and all of the paperwork had been filled out, the sheriff took him home. He helped him up the stairs but Stiles was determined to make it to his bed alone. He was thankful when his eyes landed on the figure sleeping in his bed. He smiled to himself before calling out goodnight to his dad, locking his bedroom door behind him. He slid into his bed and wrapped an arm around the man he had been dying to see all day. 

Derek stirred, feeling the familiar weight of Stiles's arm around his torso. He turned around to face the teen. 

"Hey, Sourwolf." Stiles grinned widely. Derek placed a hand on his cheek and kissed him which Stiles eagerly returned. 

"I'm glad you're okay." 

"Same here. Where were you?" Stiles asked, a little angry that this was the first time he had seen Derek since he woke up. 

"Had to take care of things. I left you in good hands." 

"Oh yeah, Erica's claws are definitely what I wanted to wake up to." Stiles scoffed with a slight eye-roll. Derek frowned. "I know, you left me with Lydia and my dad. Apparently, there was a situation at the station...You wouldn't know anything about that, would you?" 

"I've been here since you woke up. Figured if I couldn't be with you I could at least be here." He shrugged. Stiles felt relieved. 

"How did you know my dad wouldn't find you?"

"I didn't." Derek had no idea what he would've done if the Sheriff had walked in instead of Stiles.

"I'm really happy you're here, Der." Stiles snuggled into Derek's chest. 

"I'm really happy you're alive." 

"You really think you'd get rid of me that easily? Come on, Sourwolf. You're stuck with me for life so get used to it." 

"I wouldn't have it any other way." 

Lydia knew she had to trust Stiles which meant finding another person responsible for the body. She had Scott and Allison helping her go through the list of supernatural to see if anyone might be a leading suspect. 

"Oh my god," Allison mumbled under her breath. Lydia and Scott turned to her. "I don't know how I didn't realize it before." Allison pointed to a familiar name on the list. 

"Looks like it's time for a little family reunion..."