He had been consumed with researching and learning how to cast ward after ward during his years at Hogwarts. It was what he spent the most time learning about in the library rather than healing.

But two wizards, with the determination he knew Dolohov had when it came to Hermione, they could get close possibly.

We need Hermione.

With that thought he pokes his head out of the opening, and runs as fast as he can down the hall and up the stairs to his room.

"Draco! Hermione! Library right fucking now!"

He yells it as soon as he opens the door and continues to run to the library. The cauldron was simmering the potion still, and the color and texture looked perfect. It was ready. And she needed to bloody take it right now!

"This is periwinkle level shit Draco! Get in here!"

He frantically opens the book from his fathers office, and skims until he reaches the page with the incantation he believed would work.

Please fucking work. Please fucking work. Come on brain, don't fail us now.

"Nott what the hell is..."

"Dolohov is here. With my father. They... They're going to make a try at the wards. Both of them. Soon. Like any fucking second soon, and they may be able to."

As he is talking, Draco comes up next to him and starts stirring the potion and placing it in a glass.

"This has to work. We need her help if we want to keep them out."

"Okay what do we need to do?"

Draco looks down at the page he has open. He hears lighter footsteps behind them knowing it is Hermione, but she is silent of course. Even in the midst of this still thinking about him, and trying to make sure he is comfortable.

"It's... It's all done. We just have to get this fucking right Draco. I have to be right. Blood magic... if it's wrong... if I'm wrong I could, she could... I could really hurt her again."

I can't hurt her again.

He closes his eyes as he feels it starting to become harder to breathe. His vision begins to tunnel, and it feels as if there is a weight on his chest.

Damn it! Shit! No, not right now. You cannot freak out right now! She needs you. You need to do something, something right.

He feels an object land on the top of his hands, and he opens his eyes to see a small piece of parchment with one line written in clear feminine handwriting.

I believe in you.

Shit... the evil witch...

He shakes his head and gets his breathing under control, and pulls out his wand.

He turns and looks at her bare feet, still not able to see her face. The face he had mangled.

"Okay shit shit... drink that entire thing when I tell you to Hermione okay?"

He watches as one of her hands lowers into his line of sight and she gives him a thumbs up.

He raises his wand towards her and closes his eyes.

"Draco place my wand on her neck exactly on a rune."

He feels as his brother pulls him forward, and his wand meets her skin.

Skin you have bruised and broken and made bleed.
Like father like...
No.
I'm going to fix it, I'm... I'm going to rectify this.