forty-eight: the divine move

Start from the beginning

Lydia breathed heavily, not expecting herself to say all of that. Kennedy smiled softly, nodding her head. "Let me change."

༺❀༻

༺❀༻

Deaton looked between the three teens as Scott spoke. "Stiles and Kira said it was the Nemeton that kept it trapped." Scott explained.

"The problem is this isn't even a person you're fighting. It just looks like one." Deaton explained, "It's a spirit that's taken the shape of a human."

"The shape of my best friend and Kennedy's ex-boyfriend." Scott remarks.

Lydia shrugs her shoulders. "Someone caught it once. Someone can do it again, right?"

Deaton shook his head. "I don't know. This thing was trapped a long time ago, before the Nemeton was cut down. It doesn't have the same power anymore."

"Is there anything that does?" Scott asked.

"Possibly." Deaton replied. "When the tree was whole, its wood was sometimes used to contain powerful objects." He explained. "But those objects are very rare."

Lydia pauses, "Wait a second. Powerful objects?" She asks, looking over. "Like an Alpha's claws?"

"Which Alpha?" Kennedy asks, confused.

"Talia Hale."

Kennedy shook her head, "Why the hell do you know about my Aunts claws?" She asked.

"Peter had them in this wooden box with a triskele carved on the lid." Lydia followed. Scott looked between the two girls in confusion. What a weird thing to do with someone's claws, he thought to himself. He then wondered if that's what they'd do with his if he died.

Kennedy nods. "Yes, I know. Derek has it." She said, looking over at Deaton. "What if it was made from the Nemeton?"

"It was." Deaton stated.

"How do you know?" Scott asked.

Deaton glanced at Kennedy, "Because I made it." He told her honestly. Kennedy rose a brow, not expecting that answer. "Kennedy, could you call Derek,"

"Yeah, sure," Kennedy cuts in, walking away. She pulls out her phone, dialing for her cousin.

Derek answered on the fourth ring. "Kennedy? What's wrong?"