Kurt decided that he would try and talk to the new boy after class. Looking around and seeing that no one was sitting near the boy, he remembered what it was like to be completely alone. If Kurt could, he wanted to help the boy feel less alone.

______________________________________________________________________

He was so embarrassed.

He had been caught staring at the group of kids and was now hiding behind a science text book. When did he get so cowardly? He was the guy who didn't care what people thought about him and just continued about being himself. Well his new school was a bit intimidating, that probably had something to do with it.

Once lunch hour was over he went to his locker to grab what he needed for the rest of the day and headed straight to class. He was worried that one of the kids at the table he had been staring at would come after him, but no one seemed to be following him. He got to his seat in the back of the class room and pulled out his phone.

Hey, what are you doing after school? -B

Nothing I guess.. Why what's up? -Wes

Kinda out of my comfort zone here.. Missing the safety of private school. -B

Dude all schools are supposed to be safe. What happened? -Wes

Nothing really.. Just was staring at a group of kids in the Glee club during lunch. -B

Are you thinking of joining? And before u say no, I know u want to. And it would help you make friends and blend into the student body -Wes

I don't know yet.. I'll talk to you about it after school.. -B

He put away his phone when the bell went off and tried to pay attention to the weird math equations on the board, but found he couldn't. He was too busy thinking about the people at that table in the cafeteria. They all looked like they'd never fit in with the other clicks so it looked like they made their own. He wondered if they all really were friends or just sat together because they were in the same club.

He did have a good voice, so he had been curious about joining back in September. But then saw how the rest of the school treated the Glee club and quickly decided not to. Even though he wasn't in the club he did tend to keep track of the people in it. He had heard all the dating rumors and had heard a bit of gossip about each of the kids personalities too. Like he knew that Puck was the school stud and Quinn was queen bee. Mike was the dancer for the group, Rachel was the star and Finn was the leader. He had even heard a bit about some girl named Brittany who to say the least didn't seem too bright.

But that left a few people he had been curious about. Like some guy named Sam who was apparently a stripper and a kid named Artie who was always in a wheel chair.

Then there was the biggest wonder of the group in his eyes...

Kurt.

Who was this boy Kurt who apparently had mad fashion skills and wasn't afraid to show it off, was the only openly gay kid in the school (other than himself, but he didn't really feel like announcing it to the whole school just for the fun of it), had a countertenor voice, and was the most beautiful person he had ever laid eyes on?

He had learned all of this through whispered conversations in the halls and rumors that had spread through the student body like wild fire. He would catch himself staring at Kurt in the hallways and out in the parking lot sometimes and he'd always look around to make sure no one was watching him stare. Today had been the first time he had gotten caught. It felt weird. It was the first time in this school anyone had really noticed him. He wasn't sure how he felt about it.

Once classes were done for the day he went to his locker and started packing away his things he needed for homework that night. His mind was racing a mile a minute and all of it was about this gorgeous boy Kurt.

Which is probably why he jumped so high into the air when he turned to see the same face that was constantly in his thoughts, right in front of him.

Kurt was leaning against the locker next to his and was just watching him pack his bag. He was wearing the most gorgeous outfit of red skinny jeans and a stars and stripes tank top over a white t-shirt that was then all tied together with a red fedora on his head.

He was speechless. No one had ever walked up him in the hallway before. He wasn't sure what to say or do. He suddenly realized that Kurt had said something to him before and he had missed it.

"Sorry. Umm, did you say something..." Was all he could get out.

Kurt gave him a small smile. "I said my name was Kurt and that I don't think we've met." He seemed like he was being serious in his introduction so he couldn't help but do the same.

"My name's Blaine." He said before shutting his locker. He wanted this conversation to last forever, he thought to himself as he now leaned against his own locker.

Kurt gave him another smile. "Well it's nice to meet you Blaine. Hey, I saw you looking over at me and my friends during lunch..."

Oh no here it comes, thought Blaine. But was shocked by what Kurt did say.

".. And I was wondering if you wanted to come join us in Glee club today." Kurt finished and waited for a reply back from Blaine. One that Blaine couldn't seem to give.

Blaine must have had a weird look on his face because Kurt seemed to lose most of his smile, making Blaine feel guilty. "No, listen I want to. I had planned on joining back in September but I kind of chickened out when I saw the slushies' going everywhere..." Kurt's good mood suddenly disappeared and he leaned off the lockers.

"It's ok. I get it." was all the response it seemed Blaine was going to get so he quickly cut in before Kurt started to walk away.

"No it's not just that. Sorry I've been in a private school my whole life and all these big jocks kind of scare me. I do want to be in Glee club though. I think I've got a decent voice." As Blaine was saying this he saw Kurt start getting excited and before Blaine had even finished speaking Kurt had grabbed his hand and was dragging him down the hallway.

Blaine had never been happier.