Chapter 68 - A bond with the devil

Start from the beginning

"So you're a modern day saviour then? Look I don't care if you're delusional or not, but don't be hypocritical. Saviours don't abduct people, they don't run gangs and they sure as hell don't abuse a little girl. So don't kid yourself with that 'saviour' crap when all you are is a monster!" I growled out unable to control myself any longer. My heavy breathing echoed in the now silent room, Overhaul not having made a sound following my outburst.

"It doesn't matter what you think anyway Kimiko Kita. Once you have served your purpose you will be eliminated, like the other defiled creatures on this earth." He spat back before leaving the room with a flourish and leaving me to sit in silence, contemplating what he had just said. I knew he was a manipulative bastard but hearing him confirm my suspicions. Hearing him say he plans on killing me once they have taken what they need just solidified my need to think of an escape plan, and fast.

"It's her! It's really her! Miko! We heard Overhaul had a 'special guest' but we never thought it would be you! I knew it was worth following that low life! " Cried a high pitch voice and within seconds I was pulled into a bone breaking hug. Toga and Twice had intertwined their arms around my form, unintelligible words falling from their lips in a rapid fashion, whilst I stood frozen in shock at their appearance. What the hell are they doing here? Did they leave the League and join the Hassaikai? Surely they wouldn't. Is the League working with Overhaul now? Is that why Touya was following him? Wait ... does this mean Touya is here too?!

"What are you doing here?" I asked quickly feeling the two villians loosen their tight grip on my waist.

"We could ask you the same question Miko!" Toga smiled though her eyes were questioning.

"Overhaul won't let me leave. He's using my quirk. He plans on killing me once I'm no longer of use." I mutter out bitterly. I honestly don't know why I'm telling them this but they don't exactly seem like the Yakuza type and given the greeting they just gave me, they clearly aren't in Overhaul's inner circle.

"Good, you're annoying. No way! We'll never let that happen, you're one of us!" Twice cried out dramatically.

"Twice is right, well the second part anyway. We won't let him hurt you Miko. We're not exactly here by choice either. But we don't plan on staying long. We can all leave together!" Toga smiled taking my hands in hers excitedly.

As much as I wanted to leave this place, getting dragged back to the League is just as bad and there is no way in hell I'm leaving Eri behind.

"Oh so much has changed since we last saw you Miko! Big Sis Mag ... she's ... Overhaul killed her!" Toga stuttered out, her voice breaking slightly at her own words, whilst Twice appeared to burst into tears, though it was difficult to tell behind his mask.

"Oh I'm so sorry!" I replied pulling Toga into a hug which Twice immediately joined in with. I don't know why I comforted them given our standing with one another but a part of me genuinely liked the two villains. It might have been my own relationship with Touya that made me sympathise but they weren't all bad. I also happened to really like Magne. True she was a villain, they all are, but she treated me kindly, she was so welcoming and friendly that it was hard to think of her as a villain, especially now that she is gone.

"It's- it's okay. We are going to avenge her. We'll kill Overhaul and get you out of here and then we can start over again Miko!" Toga said with a resounding smile as Twice nodded along with her enthusiastically.

"Toga, I'm so sorry for everything that's happened but ... I can't join the League." I say quietly watching Twice tilt his head in questioning. If I'm going to escape this hell it can't be through being thrown into another like the League. I have to set them straight now rather than later and given the way they've acted around me I just have to hope they won't kill me for it.

"Oh don't be silly Miko, of course you will!" Toga laughed, her smile never once wavering at my words.

"Yeah, you're one of us. Of course your coming back! You're just nervous after everything that happened with the heroes right? Don't worry Miko we look out for each other, you don't have to be scared! Besides Shigaraki has been super upset since they took you! He missed you, we all did! I didn't!" Twice elaborated patting my shoulder happily.

"I just don't think villain life is for me guys." I said with an awkward smile. How hard is it for them to just let this go? Please don't kill me though, I want to see my baby Peanut again!

"Miko, you knew Big Sis. You were a part of us. You're just nervous. I get it, I was too after my first kill but we know you now and you know us. You can't go through all that together and not be connected. You'll come back to us. I'm sure of it." She said with a toothy grin and I felt myself tense at the words 'my first kill'. It's hard sometimes to remember they're villains. Toga, as sweet as she may appear is a killer, they all are, even Touya. And what is even worse, her words rang true. We are connected now. What was that phrase, if you know the devil then the devil knows you? The League are no longer a faceless enemy, they know who I am and that twisted bond we share is impossible to sever with words alone.

"Don't worry Miko, we'll give you some time to think about it but you'll come around soon enough. If Overhaul hurts you I'll take care of him. He's taken one of my sisters away, I won't let him take another." Toga growled out darkly, and for the first time, she truly looked the part of the bloodthirsty killer she is.

"Don't get too comfortable Miko, we'll have you out of here in no time!" Twice said with a thumbs up, though it was strange to hear him not contradict himself.

With another round of hugs I was once again alone. What the hell? Can this situation get any stranger? With those questions racing through my mind I picked myself up and made my way to the breakfast hall to check on Eri and contemplate another escape plan.