Chapter 65 - Mistakes were made

Start from the beginning

"What exactly are you planning to do with me? If you wanted my healing ability you would have abducted me years ago. But you went through Kenji so what are you really after?" I asked glaring up at Overhaul with an unwavering gaze, which he met with disinterest.

"The world is sick. Quirks have infected the population. With Eri's abilities we can start removing quirks. With your abilities, we can speed up the process." He said seriously as we marched down the long white hospital like corridor.

He wants to remove all quirks? But doesn't he himself have a quirk? Kenji's experiments are starting to make more sense though. He never wanted to help people with dangerous quirks, he wanted to remove quirks altogether. What about Shinso and Umi? Were they in on this as well? The thought alone made a lump form in my throat. They would never do that! But then again I never thought Kenji would betray me like this either. Why didn't I just listen to Touya?

"Ahh there she is!" Smiled an unknown doctor, her thick glasses obscuring her eyes.

"Where is Kenji?" Asked Overhaul unamused.

"He said he had to collect his Pony collection before he could join." She laughed as Overhaul sighed dramatically.

"He isn't bringing horses in here. Filthy disgusting creatures." He said angrily and I couldn't help myself but snort despite the current situation, receiving a harsh glare from him.

"He means his figurines. He collects My Little Ponies." I explained awkwardly.

The room became silent as Overhaul's eye twitched in annoyance and his thugs shuffled back and forth uncomfortably.

"Just start the process." He finally said as his thugs grabbed both my arms pushing me towards the operating table in the centre of the room.

"Don't worry you're in good hands!" The doctor smiled happily, which didn't ease my mind at all.

"It doesn't matter. I don't plan on her making it through this unharmed anyway." Overhaul said with an obvious smirk behind his masked face, before the familiar sting of a needle plunged my world into darkness for a second time in the past 24 hours.

Hawk's POV

"Fuck!" I growl out flipping over the medical bed in the lab Kimi so often visited. The four armed doctor had been happily packing up a bunch of figurines when I kicked the door down, now he was pinned to the table by my feathers.

"Where is she?" I growled out, my back to the man she once trusted.

"I don't know who you are talking about but I will be bringing this up with the authorities. I know who you are hero and I don't think the hero regulations board will be pleased to hear about this." He rambled making me clutch my blade feathers tighter. Within lightening speed I had them pressed against his neck, my eyes glaring into his with unwavering hate.

"You think I care about the HRB? Tell me where they took Kimi or I will kill you right here and now!" I growled angrily.

"How do you even know all this hero?" He asked seeming undeterred by the blades at his throat.

"You made a mistake." I said slowly moving away from him and watching anger flash in his face for a moment.

"I don't make mistakes." He spat back, four arms twitching against their feathery restraints.

"You did this time. You made the mistake of messing with my girl." I replied evenly walking over to the bag filled with figurines and picking up a pristine pink horse. Although he should be fearing for his own life, his eyes continued to dart toward the bag the entire time I had been interrogating him, that can only mean one thing. I pull out another feather and run the sharpened edge along the figurines neck.

"No please! Not her! Not the limited edition Pinkie Pie! Please I'll tell you!" He began eyes wide with unshed tears. Seriously? How did Kimi ever work with this guy? He needs to reevaluate his priorities.

"That's better now who took her, why did they take her and where are they hiding? Answer me or Pinkie Fry gets it!" I threatened watching him begin to sob.

"Overhaul! He took her! She can help him erase quirks, they are hiding her at the-" before he could finish the door was kicked in and Dabi marched towards us, blue flames enveloping his hands up to his wrists.

"I don't appreciate you flying off without me birdbrain. Oh what do we have here? Don't mind if I do!" He smiled before torching the bag filled with figurines, causing the doctor before us to let out a heart wrenching scream.

"You bastard how could you?! You'll burn in hell for that!" He screeched thrashing against the table and causing his hands to break free from my feathers grip, his palms slicing open from the sharp movement.

"Guess I'll see you down there. Speaking of burning..." Dabi smirked as I screamed at him to stop. But it was too late. The doctor was nothing more than a pile of blackened ash, and the pink horse I held fell to the ground beside it.

"He was going to tell me where she was you idiot! How the hell are we supposed to get her back now?!" I demanded pushing him harshly receiving nothing but a glare in return.

"No need. I already know where she is. Two of my ... colleagues are working in the Hassaikai HQ and they overheard Overhaul saying a ... guest has been brought in. It has to be her." He explained still glaring at the pile of ash in front of him, before he cremated the pink horse figurine as well.

"I fucking hate bronies" he mumbled out.
"Guess we're gonna pay the family a visit." I said retrieving my feathers from the table.