Chapter 65 - Mistakes were made

Start from the beginning

"R-really?" She asked as though she didn't want to get her hopes up.

"Really." I said hugging her once again close to my chest and feeling her slowly relax. Poor kid. She's just a baby, what the hell could some Yakuza thugs want from her.

"Here let me see your arm." I said gently to which she stretched out her bandaged arm, her face still buried in my chest. I slowly removed the bandages, careful not to hurt her. Dried caked in blood smeared her arm in streaks, strips of flesh painfully exposed and raw as though in the process of growing back.

"This may get a little warm but don't worry you'll be healed up in no time." I said and began to heal her arm, feeling her tense under my touch. As the wounds slowly began to close she pulled her face away from me and gazed at her arm in awe, watching the purple light glow and move around her arm like liquid, healing the wounds and smaller bruises that surrounded them. Within minutes I had healed both her arms but I was starting to feel a little light headed, probably a result if using my quirk shortly after the anesthesia had worn off.

"Are you okay?" She asked placing her small hands against my flushed face.

"Yeah I'm okay sweetie." I smiled back before the heavy metal door swung open with unnecessary force, causing Eri to flinch and shift closer to my body.

"Ah I see you're awake. It's about time, that doctor gave you far too much anesthesia but here we are I suppose. I see you've become acquainted with Eri. That's good, you'll be spending a great deal of time with her." The man who spoke was the one I had previously seen with Kenji, the man with the beak mask and most likely the head of the Hassaikai who Touya had warned me about.

"Who are you and what do you want?" I asked bitterly bringing up an arm to wrap around Eri and put more space between her and the creep in front of us.

"Straight to the point. That's good. You can call me Overhaul and you Kimiko Kita are going to help me make the world a better place." He said smugly, his arms crossed over his chest.

"Somehow I think you and I have different ideas of what makes the world a better place." I spat back watching his eyes narrow at me.

"Your views don't really matter here. You have no choice. You will do what I say." He dismissed.

"And why should I?" I asked feeling Eri tense up in my arms.

"If you don't then Eri and I will have to spend some more quality time together and she never leaves those sessions very happy. You want to keep her happy don't you?" He sneered watching Eri squirm under his sharp gaze. He really is a monster.

"Don't you dare touch her." I growled watching two of his masked thugs move closer into the room, blocking out the little light the open door emitted.

"I won't have to if you comply. Now come Kimiko, your friend Kenji is waiting for you ... unless you would like Eri to go instead?" He added as I was about to curse back at him. The little girl in my arms was shaking, her frail form seeming more fragile than before even though her arms were now healed.

"Don't go. They'll hurt you. I can ... I should go." She said weakly pushing away from me before I stopped her.

"No Eri. It's okay. I know Kenji and I'll be back before you know it." I said with a forced smile, trying to ignore the burning hatred I felt when speaking that traitors name.

"But-" she began before I stood up and gave her a soft pat on the head.

"Don't worry Eri I'll be back soon" I smile once more before walking towards the door, with Overhaul and his thugs following me out closely.