Chapter 45: Celebrations

Start from the beginning

"Mai? You alright?" This seems to have broken her trance as she turns towards me.

"Uhh... Wha-... Yeah, yeah, I am."

"No, you don't seem fine. What is it?"

"It's nothing."

"It has to be something."

"No, it's not." Her hand leaves mine as she starts to get up agitated by my pestering. I hold her hand as she gets up and give her a tug.

"Jai, leave my hand." I keep on tugging her, slowly increasing the strength of my pull.

"Jai, I'll fall over and squish you. I am telling you. Jai, leave. Jai-" All her voice drowned in her throat when she finally got tugged towards me only for her to keep her hands over my shoulders trying to balance herself.

"Tch, tch, Maira. So clumsy you are, I tell you." I tease her and see her mood flip instantly.

"Excuse me! I am clumsy right now?" She raised her eyes at me, glaring.

"Ummmm... Yeahhhh. Or else you wouldn't have fallen all over me."

"Oh really? I haven't even put my entire weight over you. Had I been clumsy right now, you would have been crushed under me. Huh..." She scoffs.

"You cannot crush me Maira."

"Oh yeah, right! Cause by the time I put my entire weight on you, you won't be crushed but already in hell."

"Why not heaven?"

"Duhhhh, for being such an arse to your wife." She still has her arms over my shoulders as I have now wounded my arms around her waist keeping her from moving back.

"Oh, really?"

"Yes."

"Jai, leave me now." She says trying to remove my hand from her waist while trying to support herself with one hand on my shoulder. I fake a gasp when she accidentally touched my knuckles.

"Shoot! See, you hurt yourself even more. Now let me get out of your grip or you'll end up hurting yourself more." Immediate concern marring her forehead. I love when she shows that she cares for me and so I keep up my pretense.

"Sssssssssss." I inhale another deep breath pretending to relieve my pain.

"Leave me immediately." She glares at me now.

"Nope." I say shaking my head. Maira now moves forward coming closer to me, making my grip loosen over her while I look at her confused and somewhere anticipating to get a kiss or something more. She sat over me just like she did in the office with her butts on the sofa while the rest of her body was wrapped sideways over me while she sat holding my hand.

"Is it still hurting?" She asks holding my hands tenderly.

"Yes."

"I told you to leave me but no, the great Jai Singh Rathore can never listen to his wife, now can he?" The same expressions making appearance on her face again.

I withdraw one of my hands from her books and cup her cheek softly, making her eyes interlock with mine. "What is it, Mai? Tell me. And whether the great Jai Singh Rathore listens to his wife or not, this Mr. Prince will always listen to his Mrs. Sarcastic. Now, tell me." I demand. I can see her contemplating whether to share whatever's on her mind with me or not.

She takes a deep breath before looking at me again. "Jai, you got hurt because of me. Don't say no because it is the truth." She says seeing me open my mouth before continuing.