33. Papers and scissors

We walked back into the class

We walked back into the class. There were a few people already situated in their seats along with their partners.

"Where do you think we should sit?" I ask

"The middle column? Third row is fine by you?"

"Perfect" I agree.

We get seated and I shift my belongings from my previous seat. The benches are pretty spacious. You can fit 3 people in there, so I was pretty comfortable. People started coming back and I didn't fail to notice their lingering gazes upon us as they passed by. I made sure I appeared as nonchalant as I can be drinking my coffee. Randhir kept making the small talk which I was thankful for..else this would be way too awkward. But he made sure to keep it simple...he never tried to make it obvious that we were more than partners. He made sure I was comfortable.

Soon the lectures started and almost all professors were hell bent on dumping assignments on us. The load of work we were given was already making me dizzy. We need to write papers, thesis...take a few mock tests...prepare for presentation.

The day passed by very quickly as much to my exhaustion. We need to plan and divide the work soon so we don't lag behind. At the last class we both decided to share some paper work to do till even...we decided on a deadline. He went to collect some books from the library while I made my way towards dorms.

I got freshened up and made myself some ramen. I didn't have the mood or energy to face another canteen fiasco. I have enough on my plate right now..I better get to work soon.

After some 3 hours of gathering information, processing, filtering, putting the right words in...I had finally prepared a draft copy of one the paper that needs to be submitted. I'll just have to send it to Randhir to go through the medical information once again...as I have just put in whatever I've gathered from internet. He would know better. I still have to write a thesis about a certain sensitive contemporary issue..but that's not that big of a deal since it's my Forte. So I decide to take a nap and mail the draft copy of paper to Randhir.

☆ ☆ ☆

After picking up a few books from the library, I move to canteen since Aarav asked me to borrow him some as well

After picking up a few books from the library, I move to canteen since Aarav asked me to borrow him some as well. I'm not oblivious to the stares I'm recieving today..some curious, some bewildered and most giving me the look 'what the hell are you doing?'. As always I choose to ignore them. As I skim through the canteen I realize Sakshi is not present. Good. I don't think the crowd would've gone easy on her if she was present today.

As I approach our usual table, I notice that aarav has already started to dig in. I place the books he asked for on the table attracting everyone's attention on the table.

"So...how did the planning for the project go?" Sahil asks nervously. He wants to know about my conversation with Sakshi...even about what the fuck I'm doing. But I also know he's trying to cool off the steam before attempting to ask tough questions.

"Not bad. How about yours?" I ask with a questioning look and take my seat.

"It will be good if this idiot does follow any of the plans I make" Sahil replies gesturing towards Nirav.

Sahil, Nirav, Aarav, Prithvi and I comprise of our infamous gang. We stay close, do things together, help each other...and they're the closest to the notion of bestfriends I've ever had. We are all individually very much different...but there's this bond between all of us that simply works. We understand each other in a way many fail to do so. That is one of the reason nobody dares to mess with any one of us, for they know they will have to face all five of us later.

I know the boys are curious...hell even shocked from my behavior since yesterday. Not surprising because even they haven't seen this side of mine. I know they want to ask questions, but they don't know how. They have no idea how I will react to any of them...so they're walking on eggshells around me since morning. Asking vague questions and giving me nervous glances. But why would I ease their pain? They bought this upon themselves two years ago when they made that stupid pact about 'not asking each other about our personal lives'.

Two years ago something happened. Or should I say something really bad happened...all of us were shook and that event particularly affected Aarav too much. We were all in a daze then, not really in a good mental state to take decisions. And because of the heaviness of the event, Aarav decided it's better if we all keep our personal lives to ourselves. He said and I quote 'Whatever we know about each other till now is fine. We will not talk about each other's personal life or any details about it anymore. We will be friends...always. And any person that enters into your individual life is none of others business. We will respect them if they're important to any of us but that's it. We will never pry each other of any further details'. And due to the seriousness of the situation the remaining three readily accepted. Except me. Even then I told them this is a stupid move. That we all are best friends and we will need to share everything that's happening in our lives with one another. But nobody were ready to process anything I was saying that day and were adamant to make this pact. I reluctantly agreed to calm them for I knew there will be a day as today when they'll realize what they agreed upon was wrong and insanely stupid. But who am I to break that rule today? It's up to them. I'm gonna sit back and have fun while they suffer trying to get more information from me.

*Randhir's pov is here finally. I'm letting you all into his head slowly. Are you guys excited?🙈

800 reads😭 Thank you so much guys❤Do vote and comment 😁🤍*