13. You have no choice

As soon as our professors finished talking there's murmuring everywhere

As soon as our professors finished talking there's murmuring everywhere.  Everyone is hell shocked and they're whispering about everything's that's happening around amongst themselves.

Lasya nudges my shoulder saying "Dude what the hell are we supposed to do now?"

"I have no idea" I reply sighing

"Can we bail out of this now?"

"Let me talk to professor before it's too late"

I rub my sweaty palms on my jeans, take a deep breath and stood up. Gold help me.

"Uh sir...I think there's some misunderstanding or miscommunication. As far as the program was concerned we were not informed about these rules as such. And also when we signed the program contract there was no clauses pertaining this code of conduct. I know this is a great opportunity and mostly that is why all the professors agreed to their terms but whether or not to accept these rules is left to students. I'm sorry to say this but nobody can make that choice for us other than ourselves. Personally I don't agree or like these terms..so I would like to withdraw from the course. So I request you to relieve me from the program"

The room is dead silent and I notice that everybody is staring at me including their professors. Did I say anything offensive? I turn to my professor and he has a blank face. He adjusts his glasses and begins..

"Ms. Sakshi, I completely understand your concerns but I'm guessing by now you have understood the kind of place you're in. We are partnered with their college for this assignment and if we back out now there will be serious consequences. I know what I'm about to tell you might startle many of you but almost all the board members of this college are big shots. They can make sure our college get no other partners and ruin your academic records if anybody backs out from this program. Their reputation will be ruined so I hope you understand to what lengths they may go... just maybe cooperate, get your certificates, make a good academic profile and walk out. That's all I want to say"

I'm dumfolded. Is this man for real? Could they do that? My three years of hardwork, sleepless nights, tears...everything will go to waste? What the hell have I gotten myself into? I gulp and look around. Everyone from my college are equally shocked. Thank God I'm not the only one. Suddenly I take my seat since I don't want to collapse out of shock and become a laughingstock in front of these fuckers. But I notice the speech guy arjun smirking at me. I so want to knock that smug look off his face right now. I take deep breaths and start to think of my options here which aren't many.

I could either walk away from this shit show and possibly face the consequences or gulp down my pride and finish the assignment. I want to walk away so badly. But then my mind suddenly takes my thoughts away to my dad. He'll be so disappointed in me if I fuck up my degree. I can't afford to do that. I can't bring any obstacles in the path of my dream. Too much is at stake. I can't let these idiots mess up my profile. I need to do this. 3 months and I'm out of here. Yes I can do this.

Sorry for the late update. 400 reads😭😭. Thank you so much. Am I overreacting? Yes. Do I care? No.

I love you guys for taking your time to read my book❤❤