30. Ride or die

My lips are pressed against his skin

My lips are pressed against his skin..I can smell his cologne and body odor. He smells like mint and lavender. He's frozen in his place but his hold against my hand tightens. His skin feels so soft and cold against my warm lips. The moment my mind registers what my body did...I start to panic. I abruptly move away from him. His eyes open in an instant and he's tugging me back again. Slowly he cradles my face with both of his hands...his palms resting against my cheeks. The wind blows slowly sending chills down my spine...he leans forward and attaches our foreheads together. Unknowingly we both close our eyes and a sigh escapes from both of our mouths. His warm breath is fanning my lips while my lashes are kissing his closed eyes. My face breaks into one of the rarest smiles...and I don't have to open my eyes to know he's sporting one too.

After a few minutes of just being in each other's space we both decide that it's time to get back in the car since the temperature is dropping. He starts driving again and this time I know we're entering the city. I drift my attention toward the scenic scenery that's passing by...humming my favorite song and just enjoying myself. Randhir stops the car in the corner of a service road. The road is not that busy also there's few food stalls here and there. Before I think of asking him what we're doing here I find a Gobi stall nearby.

"There's a Gobi stall there. Let's go!" I say excitedly.

"There? Are you sure it's hygienic?"

Rolling my eyes at his very obvious reply I say "Shut up and follow me. I'll make you try the world's best chowmein!" excitedly.

He chuckles and follows me.

We order chowmein and mushroom manchoorian. He hesitates before taking a bite but one bite in and he's already loving it. After paying we leave the stall.

"Ok that was amazing but that's not why I bought you here" he exclaims.

"Really? I thought you read my inner thoughts and realized I was craving chowmein! You're not so smart after all "
"Pardon me ma'am. I'll do better next time. But for now I've brought you here so we could go for a walk down the lane"

I chuckle at his antics and we proceed to take that walk. It's an open field lawn of somebody which is devoid of people at this time. I remove my heels and walk on the grass with my bare feet. The feel of grass blades on your skin is to die for.

"So how's this going to be? The project we are paired with? " I ask.

"I'd be lying if I said it's a normal project. It'll be extremely challenging and.....I think it'll be more difficult because everyone will try to give us a hard time "

"Because you chose me as your partner" I say matter of factly.

"Yes that but there's more to it--" he pauses and looks ahead. He takes my hand in his and gives it a squeeze..

"As you already know- my college...it's different. I know it may seem like all the hate is right now directed towards your side but...all of us are extremely competitive. You know 'I'll do anything to be on the top' type of competitiveness. Right from the first year, I had to strive really hard to make my mark. And I'm not just talking about the hard work in studying....but also in every aspect of college. It was not easy to make it to the top--"