31

I was sitting on the couch and he was in the kitchen. "Are you sure you don't want anything to eat? Or drink?" He asked me and I shook my head. "I'm sure" I told him. Talk to your uncle when your ready. Did he think I wasn't ready? What were they keeping from me. Why wasn't I allowed to know. Was the murder as random as the police thought.

"Quinn" Cameron was standing beside me and he put his hand on my knee. "Your shaking" he spoke and I held my hands together and pushed my legs together.

"Are you sure your ok? You don't have to tell me what happened" he spoke and I was resting my chin on my hands. "I'm ok now" I nodded and he sat down beside me.

"Do you wanna tell me what's going on?" He asked and put his arm around me and scooted close. "no" I almost whispered. He just sat there with me and I was curled up beside him.

We started to watch a movie but I wasn't really watching it, only looking at the side of the tv. My mind was racing as well as my heart. I was starting to get a head ache.

"We should probably get you back home." he told me and I held his arm as he went to get up. "Can I stay here?" I asked him and he nodded. "Of course. Raz piss you off. Does he know your over here?" He asked me and I nodded.

"Alright well we should at least go to bed" he told me and we got up and walked to his room. We laid down and I shut my eyes. His arms went around me and pulled me close to him. I wanted to tell him. But what would he say? He probably would think I was crazy. Or he would tell me to leave. I don't really think I could take that right now.

"Quinn" he spoke and I hummed. "Calm down honey. I can feel your heart beat it's crazy." He put a hand on my chest and I took a deep shaky breath. I flipped over so I faced him and pushed my hair out of the way. I curled my arms up and his leg pulled mine closer to his.

"You're safe with me. I promise" he assured me and I took another deep breath with my eyes shut. I soon heard his soft snores and I drifted to sleep.
~
"James where is the fucking money?" The masked man pointed a guy at my father. "Tell us where it is and we'll let her live and your kid" he gestured to my mom.

"I don't have it" my dad shook his head. He wasn't sad or upset. He just looked scared, and disappointed. I was trying to pull away from the man that held me.

"Quinn no. Don't fight them" my dad shook his head. "Give us the fucking money James or I'm gonna blow your brains out" the man threatened. My dad held his head up high as tears streaked down my mother's face but she was slient.

"Don't!" I sobbed and a hand was put over my mouth. "Now!" The man demanded and my dad had closed his eyes as he held his head up. The gunshot rang though my ears and I bent over and tried to cry out.

I was breathing heavy though my nose. My mother let out a sob as my fathers body hit the ground. Blood staining our carpet. I tried to scream to get away do anything. I heard my name being called.

-

"Quinn! Quinn wake up!" Cameron's voice rang though and my eyes shot open and I sat up quickly. "Are you ok? What-. Quinn you-" he seemed out of breath and he just hugged me as he stood beside the bed. His hand went on the back of my head and I was quiet.

"Holy shit" he breathed out and I could feel his racing heart. He sat down next to me but didn't let go. "Quinn" he shook his head and I put my arms around him.

"I'm ok" I spoke. "You were screaming" he told me. "It was just a bad dream" I spoke and he held me close. "You really scared me. I've never-" he stopped and let go of me.

"I've never been scared like that. What were you dreaming about?" He asked and I closed my eyes. "My parents" I told him. "I thought if I came over here I wouldn't have the nightmare" I looked up at him.

"This has happened before?" He asked me shocked and I nodded. "Raz usually wakes me up just like you did  I didn't mean to scare you. I'm sorry" I told him. "I'm sorry" he pulled me back to his body.

"I'm sorry you have to go though that. That you have to relive that. Quinn you-" he took a shakey breath. "I'm fine really" I patted his back. "It happens a lot?" He asked and I shrugged as he let me go.

"Should I not touch you. Sorry" he spoke and stood up. "No Cam. Its fine seriously. You woke me up" I nodded and he had his hand on his heart. "It happens so much that your just use to it now?" He asked me and I nodded.

"I didn't want you to worry. I guess my subconscious doesn't really care where I am" I shrugged and he breathed out. "Are you sure your ok? You sounded, so, scared" he told me.

"Trust me its something I'll never forget, but I do need to get past it" I told him. "I'll go make us some breakfast. You just take a minute. I didn't mean to act like that" he told me and I sat on the bed and nodded.

"You're fine" I smiled and he nodded. "Alright" he spoke and he walked to the door. He turned around and looked at me. "I'll be down in a second let me pee" I waved him out and he walked away. I swung my legs over the bed and they were a little wobbly.

I went pee and looked at my self in the mirror. Traumatic nightmare in your boyfriends bed. Great. I winked at my self and walked out.