[missed opportunities or missed conversations]

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

M/n paid the bill that was conveniently left for him to pay. Tamaki had run off to see his precious Haruhi. 

Though, the elder male was not as fortunate. Once he made his way into Mizuzu's pension the air was heavy and awkward. A group of people sat in the middle of the room, Haruhi being the exception. They were positioned over near the standing chairs. 

"What the hell happened here...?" The h/c male asked his blonde underclassman. Tamaki whipped his head around causing a terrible whiplash. 

"Ah! What are you doing here?!" He whispered while rubbing his neck carefully. M/n took a second glance around the room. 

"I'm guessing I came at a bad time?" Though he diverted Tamaki's question completely the male still answered. 

"Hikaru has been upset ever since Arai showed up."

"And that is?"

"Arai? He's Haruhi's friend from middle school!" Tamaki boasted proudly but m/n paid no mind. His gaze followed the ginger twins, one following after the other. 

M/n stuffed his hands into his pockets before roaming to the other side of the room. "Are you alright, Haruhi?" He carefully placed a hand on Haruhi's shoulder but they shook it off. A small smile parting their lips in return. 

"I'm alright," Haruhi replied. M/n let out a small hum before walking over to Arai. The brunette was packing up his stuff in a small cardboard box and began heading to the door. 

"Sorry, I didn't get to introduce myself properly. I'm m/n, a friend of the host club." 

"O-Oh! It's nice to meet you!" They exchanged a mental handshake and headed separate ways. The rest of the host club walked out with Haruhi's old friend. 

Tamaki's gaze followed his h/c upperclassman. There was always a mystery surrounding him and he could never figure it out. 'Why didn't he introduce himself as our friend instead of just Haruhi's friend?'

And a mystery it would be for the rest of his life. Tamaki could only ponder on such small thoughts. 

"Arai!" One of the twins shouted quickly. The brunette turned around, not expecting Hikaru to willingly talk to him. "I overstepped, I'm sorry." 

"No worries!" He turned to Haruhi and smiled eagerly. "See you around Fujioka!" 

As Arai walked calmly down the brick lane, Haruhi pinched the ginger's cheek. "Hey Kaoru, tell me why you're dressed up as Hikaru? And what happened to the scratch on your cheek?" 

"I just covered it up with some concealer!" 

 ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── first person pov

Now, I'm going to admit, I didn't pay any attention to what happened next. Something about a date and then Tamaki went full beast mode. I, thankfully, walked away before I was swept into a catastrophe. 

Haruhi could surely handle him. 

Unfortunatly, I couldn't avoid all disasters as I was dragged out to spy on Haruhi and Hikaru. 

It seems as though Kaoru devised a plan in which Hikaru would realize how selfish he had been. This was most likely linked to what happened with Arai yesterday. 

"I still don't understand why I'm here...?" Just as I finished my sentence I regretted it. Suoh was already looking at me with a stupid smug grin. 

"You're my scary guard dog!" 

"You're... what?

"My scary guard dog! If anyone tries to hurt Haruhi you can protect them!" He boasted proudly. "They're my rightful priviliegde since you still owe the host club!" 

"Owe you what?!" 

"The vase, of course!" 

"I never broke a vase! Haruhi did!" 

"Oh. Well then I suppose I'm just asking this of you as a friend!" 

I let out a long, dramatic sigh. I wasn't winning this battle. We both knew that. He continued smiling when I started walking forward again. 

"They're a most interesting duo, don't you think?" Kyoya accidentally voiced his thoughts, just loud enough for Kaoru and I to hear. I decided to stay quiet, and after a moment of silence from Kaoru I thought he would too. But, I was wrong. 

"They sure are." 

 ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

HOLY SHIT IM SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT 

THIS ISN'T AN ESPECIALLY LONG CHAPTER BUT AT LEAST I MADE IT LMFOASN

BUT I'VE JUST BEEN PLAYING A LOT OF GENSHIN, AND THEN SCHOOL STARTED, AND NOW I'M BASICALLY BLIND WITHOUT MY GLASSES BUT I ALWAYS GET HEADACHES AND AHHHHHHHH

ANYWAY

THANK YOU FOR WAITING 

ILY