[is he...flirting?]

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The next day no one in his class nor the host club dared speak about yesterday's events. Their first warning came from Haruhi who got an absurd text at 4 in the morning from the injured boy. 

It wasn't anything more than another one of his late-night mental breakdowns but it was concerning nonetheless. 

The host club's second warning was his unusually menacing aura that threatened anyone that risked going near him. 

It was a pick-your-poison moment and they all chose the ignore-him-today solution. 

Yet, to their surprise, he still showed up for club activities. Well, no. He wasn't officially in the club (nor did he want to be) but Haruhi convinced their friend that Music Room 3 was the quietest place to try and complete his upcoming story. 

It was not. 

In fact, he found it agonizingly hard to concentrate on simply writing a topic sentence. Tamaki suoh was many things, quiet was not one of them. Overdramatic? Always. But this was not the moment when he needed an overdramatic friend. 

He had a deadline due - which his parents were constantly pressuring him for - by midnight tonight and Tamaki's shouts along with the throbbing pain in his hand weren't exactly making his situation easier. 

Finally, m/n became fed up with the 'King's' antics and decided to (attempt) putting a stop to them. So, doing the regular thing any annoyed human being would do, he got up from his chair and made his way to his underclassman that was trying to seduce another girl. 

M/n silently walked over to her chair and bent down slightly to her level. Everyone's eyes followed the sound of his shoes clicking against the hard floor and watched with interest. 

"What a shame," he whispered into her ear. "Baby, what a shame." He let out a small sigh making her visibly shudder. "Could've been with me instead of what's-his-fucking-name." 

His eyes flickered from his flustered underclassman to his other flustered underclassman whose violet eyes were staring into him with awe. Meanwhile, the twins simultaneously spit out their drink while looking between the three.

"M-M/n-senpai!" The first-year squeaked. "I didn't know you were a host!" 

"It's more of a one-time thing." He hummed and she nodded, nervously looking between the two boys. 

Tamaki had no idea what to feel. On one side of the coin, he thought m/n could be a great addition to the host club. This flirty side of him could be utilized in many different scenarios. On the other side, however, he simply found it incredibly attractive. 

Was it true that the most beautiful people didn't know it? 

"Tama-chan? Are you ok?" Honey asked, his small hand tugging at the bottom of Tamaki's uniform. 

"Oh!" He exclaimed, snapping out of his trance. M/n had reluctantly started a conversation with the girl seeing as he felt bad for misleading her like the other hosts. Though it was getting a bit more comfortable and his efforts of shutting Tamaki seemed to have been working so far. 

"Was that his way of flirting?" Hikaru and Kaoru asked while turning to Haruhi. They simply shrugged and turned back to the tray of tea they originally went to get. 

"I dunno. I don't think I've ever seen him do that before." 

"This is certainly interesting," Kyoya added while typing away at his laptop. Though, it was abruptly closed by Tamaki who held an expression they had never seen before. 

The king of ladies was envious. He was envious that the boy he just couldn't get to make happy was smiling for a complete stranger.

"I'm sorry, princesses, but the host club is officially closed for today!" He exclaimed and a series of "oh no's" dispersed throughout the room. "We'll be here same time tomorrow! I look forward to seeing you all again!" 

"See you, Tamaki!" 

"I'll come back, don't worry!" 

"Bye-bye!" 

M/n gave a soft smile to the guest he was just talking to before she walked away, closing the doors behind her. "What was all that for?" He asked, turning back to the chair he was sitting on earlier and trying to get comfortable once more. 

"I decided you needed a break from hosting because of your injury," Tamaki explained though it seemed like he was gloating his kindness. 

"If you're wondering, no, I won't be seeing her again," M/n added catching him off guard. Was he really that transparent? "It was pretty obvious that she was trying to use me to get to you, to be honest."

"W-What?" He faltered, looking from host to host on confirmation. "Why would you think that? You're quite handsome, any girl would want you!" 

"Hikaru, Kaoru?" He called, ignoring the blonde boy's comment and taking a short time to explain it further. "She's in your class, yeah?" 

"Yes, she's quite the character." They said in unison. "She never stops talking about the boss. It gets annoying after a while." They said in perfect chorus once more. 

"There's no way she would suddenly be interested in me. Half of our conversation was about you." He looked up from his screen and met eyes with said boy. "And even if her feelings were genuine, I'm gay. Remember?" 

It wasn't something he was ashamed of. His parents didn't really care but they didn't exactly speak of it. They thought of it more as a phase. Meaning, he only told people he was close with. If they didn't accept it, it was their problem, not his. 

But, he was pretty sure the host club would be ok with it seeing as Hikaru and Kaoru are slightly too close at times. 

"Of course I remember!" Tamaki sputtered, looking away. M/n hummed and went back to typing away just as Kyoya was doing. "What are you...doing?" He mumbled, leaning over his shoulder and peeking at the screen. 

"10$ he's going to embarrass himself in front of m/n." The twins whispered devilishly to Haruhi. The brunette pondered for a moment before smiling confidently at them. 

"Deal."