28. Pushing Her Luck

Start from the beginning

"Okay, you two are soulmates. You're on the aid car together today." Maya told Vic and Travis who looked shocked considering they wasn't getting along right now due to something that Maya hadn't quite figured out yet.

Both of us?" Travis asked.

"Yep," Maya said before she walked back down to her office.

"Mama! I need your help!" Maddie screamed suddenly in the morning which alarmed Carina who was in the kitchen washing up after they had eaten breakfast. Since Maya was at work, it was just Carina and Maddie who was in the apartment. Carina immediately dropped the mug that she was washing into the soapy dishwater and darted into the bathroom where Maddie was to find her gingerly stood in the bathroom.

"What's wrong, Bambina?" Carina asked rushing into the bathroom where Maddie was standing terrified and pointing up at the ceiling. "Seriously Mads? It's a tiny spider," Carina chuckled when she saw it.

"Get it. Please," Maddie begged as she pulled a face of terror.

"Bambina, it's probably more scared of you than you are them," Carina raised her eyebrow in amusement.

"Mama, please? I don't think I could shower knowing it was in here," Maddie whined. Carina continued to laugh and nodded her head.

"Okay, Bambina. I will get it. Just hang on a second," Carina said as she chuckled lightly, finding it amusing that she was so scared of a little spider. Easily getting rid of it, she carried it over to the window and let it out. "There you go. Anything else you need?" Carina asked.

"No that's all, thanks Mama," Maddie said appreciatively. "Actually, Sarah's asked me to go out and meet her at the park. Do you think that I could?" She asked, seeing if she could play each of her mom's off another.

"I suppose you can if it's okay with your mom as well," Carina said. Maddie smirked and nodded.

"I texted Mom already and she said that it was okay," Maddie said innocently. Carina nodded.

"Okay. You can meet Sarah then," Carina agreed as she walked out of the bedroom to leave Maddie to get a shower, completely unaware of what Maddie was doing.

"Mama, I'm going out now!" Maddie shouted, chucking her denim jacket on along with her checked vans that she had. It was mid-day now and she was grateful that Carina hadn't caught onto what she was up to.

"Okay, Bambina. Have a good time and if you need me to pick you up then just let me know. I'm off work today," Carina told the teenager. "Perhaps just text your mom in a bit as well so she knows that your okay as well," She added. Maddie frowned, knowing that if she texted her mom then she would realise that she was out after all.

"Alright, bye!" Maddie shouted, opening the door and slamming it shut behind her after.

The minute that Maddie left the apartment, she was walking down the street and she pulled her phone out to drop a quick text to Sarah to let her know that she wouldn't be too long.

Maya headed back into her office, she hadn't been at work all that long and she was already missing her family. Deciding to give her girlfriend a facetime call to see what she was up to, feeling kind of jealous that she wasn't at home with them still.

"Ciao, Bella!" Carina greeted her girlfriend as she answered the facetime call since Maya felt lost not being home after she had for a while. "Are you missing me already?" She wondered, smirking at her blonde girlfriend on her screen.

"Maybe just a little," Maya admitted as a slight blush appeared on her face. "I wanted to check in on my girls. What are you & Mads up to today on your day off?" She asked.