Chapter 31: Universe

Start from the beginning

I can't admit to her. I just can't.

I have a feeling if I tell her how I feel or even give her a hint- if I haven't already- I will end up hurting because she may doesn't have the same feeling, so to keep from getting my heart broken I should wait a while longer or if the universe does something great tonight and make things perfect after I tell her.

As if tonight is not already perfect. Pfft, this is the moment I needed but missing for years.

She's my piece. I needed her all along.

We slowly keep dancing to the song being play, tightly holding her in my chest.

I never want this moment to end, not even if the world is burning into nothingness.

And you look as beautiful as ever and I swear that every day you get better, you make me feel this way somehow. I'm so in love with you and I hope you know, darling your love is more than worths its weight in gold. We've come so far my dear, look how we've grown, I want to stay with you until we're grey and old, just say you won't let go.

It's just something about these words that pulls at my heartstring and it makes me feel as if this song is for only Kitten and me.

"I won't let go," I mutter, knowing I would never.

She lifts her head to look at me. "What? Did you say something?"

"No, I didn't," I lie, kissing the top of her head, my stomach exploding with excitement and admiration.

"Oh. Okay," she leans her head back against my chest, humming to to song.

The song ends, and in that moment, holding her feels like an eternity.

With her hand nestled in mine, I guide her towards the edge of the terrace, gazing down on the enchanting city lights, the bustling streets, and the cars that appear as mere specks from this height.

"It's breathtaking, this view. From up here, it feels like Christmas," she gasps, turning to me with uncontainable excitement.

One of the things I adore most about her is her happiness, especially when she's happy with me.

I've made up my mind... I'm going to tell her. I'm going to confess my love. It's something that must be said, and perhaps she loves me too. But even if she doesn't, I'll understand, and it won't alter the depth of my feelings for her.

"Kitten?" I whisper, tenderly cupping her soft cheek as her eyes remain fixed on me. "There's something I need to tell you," I announce, preparing myself for the words about to leave my lips.

"Speak to me, Lorenzo," she breathes out, her voice filled with anticipation.

"Kitten, I..."

Suddenly, fireworks erupt in the distance.

Oh, wonderful. Typical universe.

The colorful explosions fill the sky, captivating Kitten's gaze.

"I completely forgot about the fireworks," I mutter, nervously scratching my head.

"Could this night get any more amazing?" she exclaims, her excitement contagious, and I can't help but chuckle.

"At least..." she leaps and playfully kisses my lips. I gaze down at her, drawing her closer, intensifying the passionate kiss.

Great. Stupid universe.

The fireworks continue hurling into the sky, sparkling Kitten's eyes as she watches them.

"I forgot I got fireworks," I mutter, nervously scratching my head.

"Can this night get any better!" She chirps excitingly, causing me to chuckle.