Chapter 26: Alex encounter

"Lorenzo?"

"Hm."

"Lorenzo, wake up," Kitten shakes my body, and I lift my head from laying on her bed to look at her.

"Is everything okay?" I ask because of how panicked I got.

"Yeah, you need to get back to the hotel," she smiles weakly at me while I shake my head.

"No, I am not going. I need to stay here with you," it's the next day at the hospital. I fell asleep watching her while she slept peacefully.

She's the most beautiful girl ever.

"You have to leave at some point, plus you promised to go after Alex, so he can't hurt mom, and I don't want that to be now, so the sooner you do it, the better," her face has only hope with imploring eyes that I can't resist.

I sigh, looking at her. "I don't want to leave you here all alone Kitten," anyone could take her away from me while I am not here, and I can't risk losing her, and I need to be here if anything should happen.

"I'll be fine no one is coming to the hospital for me. You worry about me too much," Kitten chuckles weakly.

I look at her seriously, knowing that I should definitely worry about her. "I am suppose to worry about you, Kitten," she looks at me in awe, not saying anything for a few minutes, causing my heart to race for some reason. The power she holds over me.

I wonder what she's thinking? A smile crept to her face while she stares at me.

Looking into her eyes while she stares into mine is like we're staring into each other souls.

"I-I know you should, but it's fine to leave me here. The doctors and nurses always check up on me. It's okay to take risks," she adds the last sentence seeing that I stationary didn't want to leave.

I sigh, knowing I might make a wrong choice. "I will do it today, but only because of you, and I will declare the doctors to take good care of you while I am gone. And I don't care how much money it might cost because I am willing to pay all of it," she smiles at me shaking her head. "What?" I query.

"Nothing, this is just you," she begins to laugh, and so do I. "What were you going to say earlier before the doctor came in?"

I grin at her knowing that I don't mind saying it. "I was going to say if you be anymore selfless, that I would, fu-" the door opens, and the doctor walks in.

Come on!

"Good morning," she smiles, walking over with a tray with food for Kitten. "I brought you breakfast," she places the tray on Kitten's lap. "And here is your daily dose," she points to the pills on the tray. "I will leave now," she gives Kitten and me a smile before she left.

I stand then sit at the edge of the bed next to Kitten, "I will do the honors of giving you food," she looks up at me then smiles.

"You would?" She asks with a crease between her eyebrows.

"Of course, Kitten," I take a spoon from the tray and place it inside the dish, "is this potato salad?" I ask, shock that if it was.

Kitten laughs at me, "N-no, omg, it's oatmeal, you jackass, now give me some," I chuckle, then scoop some up for her.

"Open up," I start to move the spoon towards her mouth in curves making airplane noises.

She starts laughing at me, so instead of the oatmeal going inside her mouth, it went straight to the top of her lip, messing up her nose.

"Oh no," she begins to laugh once again.

"Well, I guess I'll have to clean you up," I drop the spoon inside the dish, and I lean forward with my tongue out, going in to clean her face.