You leaned back in your chair, closing your eyes and leaning your head to the side, trying your best to be as comfortable as possible in the hard plastic chair. Your hands were clasped together and relaxed onto your lap.

Did Azami really have a crush on you? The words of Leorio couldn't leave your mind and you couldn't help but feel slightly... excited maybe. ''Why am I getting excited over this?'' you thought to yourself, ''I don't even like him like that. He's just my best friend. that's all. That's all he'll ever be to me. You know you only have these feelings for one person and that person is Kurapika.'' You tried your best to reassure yourself. Though, you started to wonder if those words were even true.

Was Kurapika the one for you? Or was it Azami? What makes you think you even have a 'choice'?

Kurapika was free. He wasn't under the eye of Rin anymore. He can do whatever he wants, with whoever he wants to. You wanted to see him so badly, but was it the right thing to do? What if Rin finds out and the same shit happens all over again. You had done so much to try and get over Kurapika, knowing there would always be feelings for him in the end. But you were at peace with that, right? You had come to terms with the fact that he ended up with someone else. It hurt you, but you weren't going to try anything out with him anymore. You weren't going to try and fight it. Why would you want to try something again that has hurt you so much in the past? What makes you think this time will be different?

'He is a married man' is what you had continued to tell yourself for a year.

But not anymore.

Your mind drifted away, hundreds of questions and scenarios coming up into your mind. A hundred things of what to do and what not to do. And with all those thoughts, those tiring and anxious thoughts, you fell asleep. You fell asleep in the middle of the café that belonged to the hospital, where your best friend was fighting for his life. You got the sleep you desperately needed, the thoughts and the thing that happened to Azami had made you feel so tired you barely felt like you could walk without passing out.

°•. ✿ .•°

''Miss... Miss...?'' a voice called your name, shaking your sleepy body gently while whispering your last name a few times. You fluttered your eyes open slowly, your vision becoming more clear by the second and you shot up in your chair. ''H-hi?'' you stuttered sleepily, feeling a little embarrassed you had fallen asleep in the middle of a public space. The café still wasn't too crowded, thankfully, and you looked at the clock that was hung up above a door. It was 9:12 AM and you yawned, stretching your arms up into the air. ''Miss, we wanted to inform you about Azami Izanagi. Doctor Paladiknight said you're allowed to come to visit him. He's awake, and he's just a little drowsy and feeling slightly ill. The doctor will come and see you in about thirty minutes to discuss some important matters with you.''

You swallowed thickly and cleared your throat before standing up, patting your clothes to neaten them and followed the nurse who led you back to Azami's room. She opened the door for you and waited for you to walk in. You took a deep breath and stepped inside the white room. Azami laid on his bed, running his hand through hishair and nodding while he talked to Leorio. He looked handsome, despite the circumstances, he looked absolutely beautiful. His beautiful wavy hair fell just past his shoulders, the dimples that formed when he smiled and his pretty dark blue eyes completely focused on the doctor next to his bed.

You had never looked at him like that and heat swiftly spread across your cheeks.

You cleared your throat, catching both men's attention. ''Oi!'' Azami said happily, eyes closing while a sweet smile instantly spread across his face, ''this gives you déjà vu doesn't it?'' he joked, a boyish smirk took over when he opened his eyes. Your heart clenched and you bit your bottom lip, ''yeah, it sure does.'' You answered him and he nodded, pushing himself up with both hands.