Chapter 19 - Records Section

"What exactly is he looking for?!"

Two hours have already passed since I was checking the hospital records of the patients admitted in the year 2018. Relieving me from my task a while ago in the admission, Jeong Hyeok told my supervisor that he'll need my help with some documents. I found out that he is actually in the hospital for a medical research and survey temporarily. But of course, that is all nonsense!

How many records do I still have to look at? I have a rough estimate in my head. I scan the long row of files on the shelves and sigh. The room is stuffy and the file shelving cabinets are aligned so closely that I can even lean my back on the other cabinet behind me. I opt to sit on the floor instead and rest my back against it.

'Don't forget the date and time, that's very important.'

I toss my cell phone aside after reading Jeong Hyeok's message. 'Ah, Is this the undercover work that I will do? My gosh, what was the physical test for?!' I should be kicking someone's ass right now or running after key persons, not stuck in these papers.

"Yah! Do you think I'm easy? Once I'm done with this I'll go twist your arm, land a blow in your back and break your ne-"

"Yes? Are you saying something?"

My hand is still suspended in the air, snapping an invisible figure, when the voice suddenly cracks in, I glance upward and see Jeong Hyeok standing, one hand in his pocket and the other leaning on the cabinet.

"Ah- my hand... oh, yes!"

I extend my arms in the air as if I am stretching then fold my neck to the left and the right as well.

"The physical tests were indeed very helpful in the task you gave me today. It made my body very energized! Especially in flipping through the records and encoding the information, great!" I mouth sarcastically, which meaning did not escape him. He scoffs and walks toward me.

He takes one file binder from the shelf and slumps next to me.

'What is he doing?'

I eye him suspiciously, "Don't you have something to attend to that's why you asked me to do this stuff?" I muse, feeling uncomfortable to be with him in such a dead place.

"Done," he replies indifferently, scanning through the file he is holding.

It has been two hours already so I guess that's true. But the thing is- I want to work alone, it's better than having him here with me. It feels like being with your supervisor while doing your tasks, considering that he is the captain of the undercover task I am in. Very confining, indeed.

"Did you check the date, especially the month and time?" he asks.

"Yes, Sir!" I reply in a resigned voice. This is what I am talking about- the nagging.

"Did you list it alphabetically?"

"It's already in alphabetical order, what to-" Feeling his deathly stare at the side of my head, I fall to submission.

"Yes, Sir!"

"Did you include those who are only in the age range?"

"Yes, Sir!"

"You did it on purpose, right?"

"Yes, S-" I stop and lift my face to him when I do not understand what he means, "What?"

He glances at me and says, "Yesterday."

"Yesterday?"

"The slip and that..."