Chapter 15 - The Dentist

“Oppa!”

The lady rushes to the doctor’s side when he jerks down from the pain, holding his right jaw while moaning something inaudible. 

‘Oh my gosh! What did I do?’ My anger from seeing a woman being harassed was replaced with alarm after seeing the scaler that the doctor was holding. Apparently, it seems that he was checking the lady’s teeth.

But how can she moan so loud and shriek from fear?

“Yah! What are you looking for? Do something!” she yells. Her eyes growling at me. I immediately run to his side and look at the damage I have made. It was just one punch for goodness sake, but it seems like he had been hit by a fatal blow. 

Being in the medical field for more than a decade now, I subconsciously shift to my nurse’s mode. I guide the doctor to the nearest chair and without me noticing, I shoosh the lady away from him the same way how I used to separate a patient’s immediate family from the patient. 

Seeing his face up close, he has a fair complexion than any guy I have ever seen. His nose is straight and thin. His eyes are squinting hard right now and his thin mouth distorted. 

“Hand me an ice pack,” I say to the lady with a voice of a professional.

“H-huh?” she mumbles from confusion.

“An ice pack!” I say in a bossy tone.

Frozen but with eyes moving restlessly, her composure seems lost. Throwing her sexy and sensuous image away from not knowing what to do.

“In that drawer, Young Eun,” the doctor finally mutters.

While she looks over the drawer, I immediately inspect the insides of his mouth and pulls a tissue paper from the nearest tissue holder to wipe the blood in the corner of his lips. When I glance up, I caught him looking at me shortly. The monolid eyes of his give his face a calming aura while the way he stares compliment his eyes making him more of a friendly and kind man in appearance.

“Here.”

Removing my eyes from his face, I reach for the pack the lady is handing me. I take his right hand and place the pack in his palm. Raise it and fix it near his right jaw. He moans softly from the merest touch in his jaw.

The lady rushes to his side again so I step back a bit. It’s just a hit on his jaw, nothing serious, really. But that thought is easily replaced by worry from remembering how many guys I have managed to punch for the last years. And, they all ended up in the hospital for days.

“Ahh...wait, who are you?” he manages to ask when he lifts his face to mine.

“I’m new here. I’m really sorry. I thought you are doing something-”

“What? Do you think oppa was doing something wrong to me?! Oh, I wish he would!” the woman exclaims sarcastically which earns her a serious glance from the doctor. She clears her throat and continued in a softer tone: “He’s a dentist, for goodness sake.”

“You were wailing... and you were asking him to stop so...” 

I shrug, gesturing that it is all but a misunderstanding.

“Young Eun, it’s okay. It’s just a hit,” he says.

Good. This is not something to be brought in the HR department, right? Clearly, this is all but a misunderstanding. I can’t afford any problems... for now.

“But oppa! How could she just punch you like that?” she says disagreeing from letting me off the hook, then she looks at me with despicable eyes and says, “I shall tell it to the office!”