CHAPTER 6: LUCY LUCAS & FORD WELS

Today, I'm doing another dedication! This chapter is dedicated to one of my first readers on this story @FrancesDaaeBlue21 😘💕 I know we're just at the beginning of this story and there aren't lots of you so far, but your support and comments on every chapter are making me smile each time! So thank you, sweetie 💕🌞

'And if you like midnight driving with the windows down

And if you like going places we can't even pronounce

If you like to do whatever you've been dreaming about

Then baby, you're perfect.'

All I saw was blue, and my mind was slowly taking the same shade.

With my head tilted backward, there was no limitation in the cerulean sky above, and indeed, the wind in my hair was freeing, although I was eating half of it.

As I was starting to get used to the steady vibrations of the engine, I even risked slipping out one of my arms, tightening my grip around Blade's strong waist with the other. My hand lifted and my fingers dancing in the air, it must have been what freedom tasted, at least, the closer I'd ever got.

I didn't know how long I stayed like this, lost in blue, in an almost reachable freedom. I didn't know where we were going, and I didn't care.

My only point of reference was the pressure of the air against my fingerpads, more or less with the speed, and it was almost always more and more.

Yet I didn't drop my arm, only wrapping the other one tighter, and each time, the wind was growing stronger against my fingers. So I glanced down, finding blue again through the rearview mirror before going back to the sky and the same cycle.

I could have continued for miles and miles, and it was too soon that the humming ceased along with the wind.

My body still felt the continuous motion though, especially my spinning head as I blinked around, and the first thing my gaze settled on was a gigantic white circus tent in the middle of trees and greenery, almost like this fine big top had got lost and landed out of nowhere in this wide park. But it didn't seem to be there by accident, as we could hear the faraway sounds of people having fun even from where we were.

Where we were, my eyes finally went back to where we were: an empty parking lot with barely five cars scattered in each corner to seek the smallest part of shade. Oh, and there was also a diner, the only building around, where Blade was nodding towards.

"Let's go."

I realized my left arm was still wrapped tightly around his waist like a koala to a trunk, preventing him from moving, as his large hand engulfed mine and pulled it away. It lasted one second, or maybe two, yet once more, the contact of his warm, rugged skin on mine had the same effect as rubbing two flints, sending a burning spark that turned my face into fire.

"Um, where are we?" I tried to fill the awkward silence with something else than the sound of his raspy chuckle as I almost crashed face-first on the tarmac, climbing off the motorcycle.

"I don't know." He threw a glance around, not the least affected by my wide stare. "The tent caught my eye, and I thought it was a cool place."

"You didn't plan anything?!"

Well, maybe it was a good thing because it meant he didn't plan my murder either.

"No, I don't plan and all that stuff. I don't do dat–"