CHAPTER 42: FRAGILE BOUQUETS

Here are the aesthetics for this chapter and the next one coming next week 💋

''Cause I wanna wrap you up

Wanna kiss your lips

I wanna make you feel wanted

And I wanna call you mine

Wanna hold your hand forever

And never let you forget it

Yeah, I wanna make you feel wanted'

"Wow... you're beautiful... both..."

"Thank you," I replied, my cheeks tickling with a smile, mostly for Rachel as Gordon hadn't thrown a glance at my outfit.

But I didn't mind; I was so happy to see my friend's grin. She deserved it after the last few days.

"Shall we go?" Gordon smoothed his bow tie, which by the way was in the same color as my friend's eyes and A-line dress.

They were really the perfect cute couple, even more as he extended his hand, and they both blushed at the faint contact of their skins.

I was surprised they remembered me when Rachel turned to me. "Um–"

"Go and have fun." I shooed them away before she could offer me her big puppy eyes.

After all, it was why we'd planned this, and time was too precious to waste. She knew this better than anyone after her brother's injury, and now that he would come home soon to watch over her.

"Don't worry about me. My date will be here at any minute. I'll see you inside," I added to finally make them move.

They were both too sweet, and I could see them glancing over their shoulders – when they weren't lost in each other's eyes – as they walked away.

It wasn't like I was lost, and actually, I was quickly found, my white dress catching attention on the dim sidewalk.

I would have liked to have some time to prepare myself, but the faint sound of steps and an unsure breath were already echoing behind me, and there was no doubt it was for me as I felt a gaze grazing my skin, making my heart jump.

"Spencer," I uttered softly as I turned around, finally meeting his warm brown eyes and finding his spicy perfume, though I hadn't even needed those details to recognize him. It was just something about his presence so familiar that I could never mistake him; it was imprinted in my senses.

"Gosh... you're breath-taking..." There, the compliment, as well as all his attention, were really for me and my tulle ballgown, and all the efforts Rachel and I had made from the discreet cat-eye liner highlighting the bright green of my eyes to the tips of my painted nails and cream strappy heels were appreciated in detail with the round trips of his gaze along my silhouette.